The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power . That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do .
IF APPLICABLE : A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing DUTIES:
This is a GG- 13 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG- 13 duties for the "Administrative/Management" work category are at the "Professional " work level is Full Performance and are equivalent to those at the GS- 13 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include local market supplement ***
The organizational location of this position is: Det 1, AFISRA, Ft George Meade, MD
This is an Intelligence Career Field Team Centrally Managed Position
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a multi-source intelligence analyst engaging as the lead interface between AF/A2, AF ISR Agency, and the NSA/CSS Global Integration Office (GIO) on AF Cryptologic missions, systems, infrastructure, and enterprise development and modernization.
- Provides commanders and other customers the intelligence information and analysis derived from ISR assets to maximize their own forces effectiveness by optimizing friendly force strengths, exploiting adversary weaknesses, and countering adversary strengths.
- Works closely with CSS personnel and ensures AF ISR Agency interests are represented on matters such as PSC/facilities infrastructure issues and requests, division of effort agreements between AF ISR Agency and NSA enterprise elements, and ongoing activities that affect the AF ISR Agency footprint across the NSA Enterprise.
- Serves as functional authority on ISR issues for Agency leadership.
- Acts as the AFCO focal point for the AF ISR Agency Lessons Learned.
In order to qualify, you must meet the education and/or experience requirements described below. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application.
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent. Specialized experience is experience that equipped the applicant with the particular knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform successfully the duties of the position. Specialized experience would be demonstrated by providing advice on, administering or performing work in the collection, processing, reporting, analysis, evaluation, interpretation, and dissemination of All-Source Intelligence information and/or products on political, economic, social, cultural, physical, geographic, medical, scientific, or military conditions, trends, and forces in foreign areas which directly or indirectly affect the national security. These positions require a basic knowledge and understanding of one or more of the natural or social sciences.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the full range of intelligence research and collection methods, techniques, and practices to use multi-source intelligence information systems to capture data in order to make recommendations in developing intelligence capabilities and threat assessments to interpret policy and commit resources.
2. Knowledge of advanced analytical principles, concepts, and methods to produce detailed analyses of complex information/situations attained from multiple sources, to include database manipulation.
3. Knowledge of the national intelligence community, Joint DoD Structure, organizations, and mission/functions, inter-relationships and operations.
4. Skill in conducting unbiased complex research, identifying appropriate available systems/data sources, and producing collection requirement assessments that answer specific tasks to link and leverage agency capabilities in support of consumers, customers, and clients.
5. Skill in communicating effectively with others, both orally and in writing, in working out solutions to problems or questions related to the work, writing clear and concise intelligence products, and delivering written and/or verbal presentations to senior level audiences for decision-making purposes.
6. Ability to maintain control of classified material, quickly assimilate disparate data, render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implications of such data, and make decisions, estimates, and recommendations under conditions of urgency and pressure based on mature judgment and experience and present and/or defend a position effectively.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1. This position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent must be able to obtain and retain a Top Secret (TS) security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. Drug Testing: This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. Employee must pass initial and periodic short notice drug testing. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive positions present a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security and public safety.
3. The employee may be required to travel in military and/or civilian aircraft to perform temporary duty assignments.
4. An advanced intelligence-related or professional/scientific degree is desirable.
5. Incumbent may be subjected to psychological screening/polygraph testing as an inherent primary requirement of their position.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further. BENEFITS:
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program . In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit : All federal employees are required to have direct deposit OTHER INFORMATION:
Interagency Career Transition Assistance Program (ICTAP): For information on how to apply as an ICTAP eligible click here . To be well-qualified and exercise selection priority for this vacancy, displaced Federal employees must be rated at 80 or above on the rating criteria for this position.
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
Current Federal Civilian employees may apply for temporary and term positions and if selected, a break in service of more than three (3) calendar days may be required prior to appointment to the position.
Temporary and Term Appointments: If you are selected for a temporary or term position, your appointment may be extended to the maximum period allowed by law without further competition.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
usajobs.gov - 17 months ago
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...