The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win
in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force has a vision of Global Vigilance, Reach and Power . That vision orbits around three core competencies: Developing Airmen, Technology-to-Warfighting and Integrating Operations. Core competencies and distinctive capabilities are based on a shared commitment to three core values -- integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do .
IF APPLICABLE : A military service member's statement of service/certification will be accepted IF a terminal leave form or DD214 cannot be provided. The statement/certification should indicate member's separation from active duty is within 120 days of the closing date of this announcement. It must be signed by, or by direction of, the adjutant, personnel officer, or commander of your unit or higher headquarters and must indicate when your terminal leave will begin, your rank, dates of active duty service, the type of discharge and character of service (i.e. honorable). Your preference and/or appointment eligibility will be verified prior to appointment. Military members may be appointed before the effective date of their military retirement/separation if member is on terminal leave.
Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered or exempt from Selective Service. For additional information, click here .
U.S. Citizenship Required
Travel and relocation expenses will be paid
Must be registered for Selective Service, see Legal & Regulatory Guidance
This is a centrally managed position
Incumbent must obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
Incumbent is subject to initial and periodic drug testing DUTIES: Back to top
This is a GG-12 position in the Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel System (DCIPS). The GG-12 duties for the "Professional" work category are at the "Full Performance" work level and are equivalent to those at the GS-12 level. The selectee's salary will be set within the grade equivalent to a GS/GG grade based on the selectee's qualifications in relation to the job.
***Salary Ranges shown do not include locality ***
The organizational location of this position is: AF TARGETING CE, JB LANGLEY-EUSTIS VA
MAJOR DUTIES: INTELLIGENCE SPECIALIST
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: This position is a Defense Civilian Intelligence Personnel Systems (DCIPS) position implemented under Section 504, Title V of Public Law 99-569, Intelligence Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1987, as codified in Sec 1601, Chap 83 of Title 10 United States Code which sets forth Air Force policies and procedures for DCIPS. This position is in the Excepted Service.
- Undertakes complex intelligence data mining projects based on interpretation of C-NAF, MAJCOM or COCOM requirements to extract, transfer, prepare, process, and exploit large data repositories for intelligence analysis of adversarial target systems and supporting infrastructures
- Expert technician in Target Systems Analysis (TSA) methodology and techniques; receives broad tasking via planning meetings or conferences and then utilizes specialized technical tools to conduct complex directed target systems analysis; establishes new methodologies and applies technical knowledge to analyze complex target systems for which common solutions do not exist
- Provides reach-back targeting support activities to Air and Space Operations Centers during peacetime, crisis and war; w orks with various C-NAF Directors of Intelligence, Air and Space Center (AOC) Intelligence Support Requirements Division (ISRD) in establishing long-term production relationship that provide critical target support to the AOC during peacetime, crisis and war
- Provides expertise for deliberate and crisis target development activities; e valuates the needs of C-NAF and AOCs so target engagement activities can be performed in a systematic manner that support the Air Task Order (ATO) cycle for combat operations
- Establishes and maintains a current series of liaison contacts with DoD and national-level agencies as a recognized expert technician in the targeting career field; i nteraction with these contacts includes exchanging information and cooperating on matters of mutual interest, collaborating on new intelligence and discerning the value of speculative intelligence
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED: Back to top
SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: Applicants must possess one year of specialized experience at the next lower qualifying pay band or equivalent grade under the General Schedule (GS/GG) pay system or other pay systems. To be creditable, your resume must further reflect specialized experience, demonstrating quality in the knowledge, skills, abilities and competencies to meet the requirements of this position. Examples of creditable experience include: Military intelligence experience and thorough knowledge of intelligence research and target system analysis; knowledge of the terminology, methodology and research and analytical techniques as applied to highly complex target systems; ability to apply facts and estimates derived from numerous sources to create an operationally relevant series of products to achieve desired effects based on commanders guidance. Demonstrate a capability for creative thinking and resourcefulness, and have the confidence and ability to conduct and present analyses to accurately depict all elements of complex target systems and identify critical and exploitable elements within those systems.
To view qualifying educational requirements and/or combination of education and specialized experience click on the following link:
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs): Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
1. Knowledge of the interplay of geographical, political, military, economic, and industrial forces in various regions of the world as well as specific adversary target systems that may be directed against USAF, DoD, and other US resources .
2. Knowledge of US intelligence community policies, entities, missions, resources, operations, capabilities, databases, and requirements to perform intelligence research planning, operations collection, target analysis, and other intelligence collection related activities.
3. Knowledge of the Air Force and Joint targeting doctrine, cycles and target analysis techniques; and the role of intelligence capabilities in supporting air and joint/combined campaign planning, including knowledge of principles, concepts, and methodologies of intelligence analysis and research to include link analysis, qualitative analysis, nodal analysis, value-weighted analysis, critical path analysis, system of system analysis, and database manipulation.
4. Knowledge and skill in producing finished intelligence studies, reports and other products that is responsive to the specific needs of customers to include formulating and conducting original research; collating, organizing, and analyzing information and presenting clear and concise findings.
5. Ability to quickly assimilate disparate data and render knowledgeable and accurate assessments of the implications of such data; and to apply facts and estimates derived from numerous sources to a variety of problems having different technical aspects.
6. Ability to provide continuous support to AOCs, C-NAFs and COCOMs by augmenting crisis action teams during exercises or crisis situations.
PART-TIME OR UNPAID EXPERIENCE : Credit will be given for appropriate unpaid and or part-time work. You must clearly identify the duties and responsibilities in each position held and the total number of hours per week.
ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT :
1. Position is designated critical-sensitive and incumbent requires a TOP SECRET security clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI). A non-disclosure agreement must be signed.
2. This position has been designated by the Air Force as a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Air Force Civilian Drug Testing Program. Illegal drug use by employees in sensitive position presents a clear threat to the mission of the Air Force, national security, and public safety.
3. Overtime may be required as workload demands and in some cases with no-notice due to urgency of time-sensitive matters. Periodic shift work may be required if assigned as a watch-standing analyst.
4. Mobility is a condition of employment. The employee must sign an Air Force-wide mobility agreement.
5. Travel by regularly scheduled commercial or military conveyance in accordance with Joint Travel regulations may be required in performance of temporary duty. Incumbent will occasionally be required on temporary duty.
6. Experience with specialized technical tools for the exploitation of large disparate sets of data, is desired.
HOW YOU WILL BE EVALUATED:
Your application package (resume, supporting documents, and responses to the questionnaire) will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. Please follow all instructions carefully. Errors or omissions may affect your rating or consideration for employment.
Your responses to the questionnaire may be compared to the documents you submit. The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "insufficient information" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Applicants who disqualify themselves will not be evaluated further. BENEFITS: Back to top
The Department of Defense offers an excellent benefits program . In addition to your take-home pay, click here for an overview benefits currently offered to Federal employees.
Direct Deposit : All federal employees are required to have direct deposit OTHER INFORMATION:
Employed Annuitants (Reemployed Annuitants) : Applicants in receipt of an annuity based on civilian employment in the Federal Service are subject to the DoD Policy on The Employment of Annuitants. Click here for more information.
Incentives : Recruitment and/or retention incentives may or may not be used.
90-Day Register: This announcement may result in a 90-day register that may be used to fill like vacancies for 90 days after the closing date. Applicants may be referred for consideration as vacancies occur.
Transportation Security Administration - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard
The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the Air Force...