Line of Business: Audit Group - Capital Management (CCAR)
Job Category: Professionals
BB&T's Capital Management Internal
Auditor will perform audits that are part of the Capital Management Audit
Plan. This Audit Plan is primarily
focused on BB&T’s end-to-end Comprehensive Capital Analysis and Review
(CCAR) process. The individual
selected to fill this role will serve as advisor in the delivery of value-added,
independent and objective internal audit assurance and advisory services for
Essential Duties and
1.Serve as auditor-in-charge for critical and
more complex audit assignments (CCAR Audit Plan):
-assuming responsibility for audit project management.
planning, scoping and developing the audit test plan.
organizing and using resources effectively to complete assignments within
documenting processes using narratives, flowcharts and process maps.
analyzing process documentation to evaluate effectiveness and efficiency.
making appropriate recommendations and reporting the results of audits.
addressing material issues with senior management.
2. Serve as advisor to
developing an understanding of the business strategies of BB&T, each line of
business and the specific area or process under review.
gaining knowledge of the organization, operations, policies and procedures
(including banking laws and regulations) under which BB&T operates.
conferring with management on the establishment of internal controls, monitoring
techniques and risk management.
advocating incorporation of risk management in the implementation of new
systems, processes and changes to existing systems and procedures.
3.Provide support to external auditors and bank examiners as assigned.
Responsible for more involved assignments and for ensuring prompt and efficient
completion of their examination.
4. Continue developing internal audit skills. Pursue continuing education and
professional certification. Keep abreast of current trends, new developments and
best practices in the audit profession. Monitor current trends and new
technologies as they apply. Assist in the training and cross training of junior
team members to ensure adequate audit coverage.
1. Bachelor's degree in accounting, business or related field or equivalent
education and related experience
2. Two years of banking, auditing with specific exposure to and knowledge of
credit risk management and related systems
3. Demonstrates an understanding of banking and auditing
4. Good decision-making skills
5. Good interpersonal and communication skills
7. Good working knowledge of standard software applications such as MS Office
8. Good aptitude for learning analytical, audit and/or facilitation skills
9. Ability to travel, occasionally overnight
1. Possess appropriate professional certification or be a certification
(CIA or CPA)
2. CCAR experience in
either an audit or risk management environment.
BB&T Corporation (BB&T) is a financial holding company. The Company conducts its business operations primarily through its...