Penn National Gaming has thrilled and entertained guests since 1971 when it all began as a horse racing venue. From a single race track, we have grown to be one of the nation’s largest gaming companies, operating properties that offer broad and diverse gaming and pari-mutuel wagering experiences. PENN is dedicated to becoming the undisputed leader in guest service by offering a Red Carpet experience for each and every guest.
Hollywood Casino Lawrenceburg is currently looking for an Internal Auditor to join the team.
SUMMARY: Conducts audits for management and Gaming Commission to assess adherence to internal controls, accuracy of financial records, and efficiency of operations by performing the following duties.
Your daily responsibilities include:
- Examine records of departments and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Inspects accounting systems to determine their efficiency and protective value.
- Analyze data obtained for evidence of deficiencies in controls, duplication of effort, extravagance, fraud or lack of compliance with laws, government regulations and management policies or procedures.
- Prepare reports of findings and recommendations for management.
- Conduct special studies for management such as those required to discover mechanics of detected fraud to develop controls for fraud prevention.
- Provide the Gaming Commission and external Auditors with copies of audit reports issued by Internal Audit department.
- Provide positive communication and use Red Carpet Training skills with every patron and co-worker.
- Perform duties in a safe manner; report any potential safety hazards to management staff.
- Perform any reasonable, temporarily assigned job duties outside the position’s job description, where, in the Company’s judgment, those duties are necessary in the interest of efficiency, productivity, or guest service.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set:
- Must be 21 years of age
- Read, write legibly, understand and speak English
- Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
- Able to work at a fast pace in often crowded/noisy environment
- Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
- Cast Member is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The Cast Member is occasionally required to walk; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The Cast Member must be able to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Accounting or Finance degree preferred; C.P.A. or C.I.A. certification is preferred; Two to five years Internal Audit experience preferred; previous casino experience preferred. Advanced computer experience is required
Something to leave you with:
If you’re truly committed to a red-carpet service culture, then you need a team that is just as dedicated in pursuing that vision. Penn National Gaming is the place where we empower our cast members to deliver that WOW factor to our guests and in turn we will provide them an opportunity to build an “A” list career portfolio. You will soon understand why “It’s Good To Be PENN!”
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 2 years ago - save job