Responsible for conducting investigations as directed by the Facility Administrator. Responds to and processes crime scenes. Prepares Investigative Reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts investigative reports by determining appropriate information, interviewing, researching, and other necessary duties to fully understand the nature of the event.
- Writes reports that explain findings.
- May recommend appropriate action if necessary.
- May supervise and guide non-shift Correctional Officers.
- Acts as liaison between security and other departments.
- Submits daily shift activity reports to ranking authority.
- Reviews reports written by officers during shift and assures the reports are submitted.
- Performs those duties associated with Grievance Coordinator's post order if necessary.
- Relays information from supervisors to correctional officers.
- Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
- Assures that SSI assignments, job descriptions, etc., are appropriate.
- Assures that pre-hearing documentation is correct.
- Assures that daily safety inspections for security areas are documented.
- Counsels officers/inmates as needed.
- Assists in the preparation of employee evaluations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED certificate.
- Four (4) years experience in correctional setting; two (2) of which were a supervisory position.
- Nine months as a Correctional Officer, or; Six months as a Correctional Officer and 24 hours of college courses in Criminal Justice related fields.
- Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion.
- Must be a commissioned Corrections Officer.
- Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
- Working knowledge of any and all applicable court orders.
- Working knowledge of GEO policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to give instructions and have them carried out.
- Ability to coordinate staffing requirement for security supervisors and officers.
- Ability to write communications, documents, policies, court room defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
- Ability to maintain high tolerance to mental stress.
- Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
- Ability to work outdoors in varying climatic conditions.
- Must be bilingual.
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is the world's leading provider of correctional, detention, and community reentry services with 106 facilities,...