Company Name: GEO GRP
Responsible for conducting investigations as directed by the Facility Administrator. Responds to and processes crime scenes. Prepares Investigative Reports.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Conducts investigative reports by determining appropriate information, interviewing, researching, and other necessary duties to fully understand the nature of the event.
• Writes reports that explain findings.
• May recommendation appropriate action if necessary.
• May supervise and guide non-shift Correctional Officers.
• Acts as liaison between security and other departments.
• Submits daily shift activity reports to ranking authority.
• Reviews reports written by officers during shift and assures the reports are submitted.
• Performs those duties associated with Grievance Coordinator's post order.
• Relays information from supervisors to correctional officers.
• Assures that officers receive on-the-job training and safety training as required.
• Assures that SSI assignments, job descriptions, etc., are appropriate.
• Assures that pre-hearing documentation is correct.
• Assures that daily safety inspections for security areas are documented.
• Counsels officers/inmates as needed.
• Assists in the preparation of employee evaluations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• High School diploma or GED certificate.
• Four (4) years experience in correctional setting; two (2) of which were a supervisory position.
• Nine months as a Correctional Officer, or; Six months as a Correctional Officer and 24 hours of college courses in Criminal Justice related fields.
• Must have completed an approved training program resulting in a certificate of satisfactory completion.
• Must be a commissioned Corrections Officer.
• Ability to obtain certification for training such as CPR, First Aid and firearms.
• Working knowledge of any and all applicable court orders.
• Working knowledge of GEO policies and procedures and applicable state and federal laws.
• Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear and concise manner.
• Ability to give instructions and have them carried out.
• Ability to coordinate staffing requirement for security supervisors and officers.
• Ability to write communications, documents, policies, court room defenses, contract negotiations, and other required written correspondence.
• Ability to maintain high tolerance to mental stress.
• Ability to understand and carry out moderately complex oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work outdoors in varying climatic conditions.
The GEO Group, Inc. - 12 months ago
The GEO Group, Inc. (GEO) is a provider of government-outsourced services specializing in the management of correctional, detention and...