We are looking for an experienced business administrative assistant that will meet general IP department administrative needs.
This is an exciting opportunity to work closely with attorneys, IP support staff, and other WD employees in the fast-paced data storage technology area.
To be considered for this position, candidate must have 5+ years of experience on administrative duties, such as document processing / filing, meeting scheduling, answering phones and other administrative tasks.
A BS/BA degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat software required.
Must be a self-starter, organized, and have a strong work ethic. The applicant will need very good communication skills.
- Provide administrative and clerical support to Chief IP Counsel and his direct reports
- Expertly manage heavy calendar and complex travel arrangements
- Prepare expense reports, purchase orders, check requests
- Arrange internal and off-site executive meetings and department outings
- Screen phone calls and take messages
- Research, compile and proof complex word processing assignments including letters, reports, graphs and presentations using document, spreadsheet and graphics software.
- Organize and create binders for attorneys
- General filing of legal documents
- In advance of IP department meetings, ensure meeting room is properly equipped, and materials are prepared
- Arrange catering for meetings as directed
- Miscellaneous other duties as assigned by Operations Manager or patent attorneys
- Must be flexible to work overtime on an as-needed basis
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative or legal duties
- Excellent organizational, verbal/written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, including proficiency with Oracle, Word, Excel, Outlook, financial database software (preferably Serengeti), and Adobe Acrobat Professional
This is primarily an office environment with moderate to medium noise levels.
Finger dexterity needed to access, enter, and retrieve data using a computer keyboard, and to operate standard office equipment.
The position occasionally bends, stoops, reaches, pushes, pulls drawers to retrieve file information, lifts, and carries files and boxes that typically weigh less than 10 pounds.
Spends two-third of time sitting at desk.
Administration & Support
When it comes to data storage, Western Digital has drive. The company is one of the largest independent makers of hard-disk drives, which...