LOCATION: LOVINGTON, NEW MEXICO
# OF OPENINGS: 1
Total Safety , the leading global outsourced provider of integrated safety and compliance solutions and products, is looking for an experienced In-Plant Supervisor to supervise the staff and all day to day aspects of an assigned In-Plant Service Center (IPSC), and ensure that IPSC operations are performed in accordance with the Customer’s requirements and the Company's programs, policies, and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Knowledge of contracts and scope of service. Through knowledge of Total Safety products and services provided in contract, supervise all activities associated with assigned operations. Supervise the use of assigned facilities, personnel, vehicles and equipment to maximize efficiency and profitability. Prepare specifications for equipment and supplies to ensure capability exists to meet organizational objectives.
- Supervise a Preventive Maintenance Program and repair facility for Total Safety and out-sourced equipment. Ensure that vehicles, equipment, facilities and other assets are properly maintained and in top working condition. Will be expected to analyze situations and data to recommend best course of action and to make positive and active contributions to assist the organization in achieving its key financial and growth goals.
- Pro-actively supervise assigned inventory and asset availability to satisfy customer needs and demands. Proactively supervise quality, safety and environmental issues and ensure compliance with Federal, State, and Company standards.
- Supervisory experience with an understanding of human relations, training, performance evaluation and health and safety. In conjunction with management, develops performance metrics for assigned area, evaluates performance and reports to management. Ensures that production, quality and safety goals are communicated and that employees understand their roles in meeting or exceeding those goals. Partners with District Manager, or designee, for hiring and firing, performance evaluation, salary and job change actions. Provides effective counsel, especially where corrective actions are needed. Coaches and counsels team and documents employee relations issues.
- Coaches and counsels team to improve technical skills and interpersonal and problem resolution skills. Works to identify and provide opportunities for team to learn new skills and techniques. Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees as appropriate. Demonstrates objective listening on a consistent basis and creates and maintains an environment that encourages open communication. Promotes respect within and outside the work group, teaches and encourages collaborative problem solving and effective working relationships. Maintains appropriate confidences. Coaches and counsels assigned staff to adhere to values, policies and standards and to improve safety, quality and process reliability in a cost effective manner.
- Works with HSE to assist in safety procedures, training, long-range accident prevention and cost containment objectives. Works with Sales, Customer Service and other internal departments to communicate and resolve customer concerns in a timely manner. Provides direct support to sales and marketing as needed. Assists, as needed, with the development of new product lines, departments and/or services within IPSC.
- Ensures that issues are identified, addressed, and elevated if necessary, in a timely manner. Reports status of operational issues to manager on an ongoing basis. Work with manager in development of short and long-term forecasts, departmental goals and objectives in areas including staffing, equipment needs, problem prevention, and corrective action program. Works with others to develop new and/or improved procedures, processes and work standards for operational units. Integrates new concepts, technologies and practices and aligns with future needs to meet objectives. Must be proactive in determining source of problems, recommending corrective actions, & providing feedback. Solid judgment and resourcefulness is needed to effectively deal with multiple, highly variable factors and the interplay of complex considerations. Constant contact with customers, operations, sales and other internal TS staff to furnish and obtain information and resolve issues. Must be responsive and at times persuasive with internal and external contacts.
- Prepare, or supervise preparation of, accurate and timely documentation including billing, compliance, customer communication and satisfaction reports and quality assurance and/or safety alert issues. Receives direction and guidance from manager to set annual objectives and assists with developing long-term goals for department.
- Associates/2 yr Degree or higher in Engineering, Technical or Business preferred; experience will be considered in lieu of formal education.
- Three plus (3+) years supervisory experience.
- Progressive experience in petrochemical and/or refinery operations or industrial safety equipment industry.
- Effective communication (written, verbal and listening) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to effectively interact with and develop and maintain strong rapport and credibility with senior management in company and client organizations.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read and interpret technical procedures, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook and other data base software.
- Ability to quickly learn new software applications utilized by company.
- Current drivers license from state of residence, and valid proof of vehicle insurance. Must possess good driving record and be insurable by Total Safety US, Inc. insurance providers for vehicle insurance while driving company truck.
- Must have or be able to obtain a valid class "C" drivers license with a DOT hazardous endorsement. Must comply with DOT regulations if driving commercial vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY:
- Salary is commensurate with experience
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental and Vision insurance coverage on a cost-sharing basis
- Basic group term life, accidental death & dismemberment, and short and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary program of additional group term life insurance (and AD&D) is also available
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with matching
- Generous vacation plan, holiday schedule and sick-time benefit plan
Apply online at Total Safety U.S., Inc. career center. ( www.totalsafety.com ) Search for this job by location, complete online application and attach your resume, cover letter, and any other pertinent documents.
UNSOLICITED RESUMES WILL NOT BE ACC EPTED