• Understands and can complete all SDLC phases – from gathering and assessing client requirements, developing code and tests, through migrating to production-ready solutions.
• Designs and develops procedures for conversion into applications and programs that address a variety of business problems.
• Demonstrates advanced problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Exhibits advanced knowledge of and contributes to developing best practices, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates advanced proficiency in creating detailed documentation, including project plans, requirements status reports and operations documentation.
• Possesses ability to clearly articulate problems, issues, requirements and potential solutions to team members and clients.
Additional consideration will be given to those knowledgeable with
• HL7 and/or other structured file formats,
• healthcare interface development experience,
• Java CAPS or Java development,
• OS (Unix) level scripting, CRON, etc.
All CHOP employees who work in a patient building or who provide patient care are required to receive an annual influenza vaccine unless they are granted a medical or religious exemption.
• Child Abuse Clearances
• FBI Fingerprint Clearance
• Drug Screening
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, the #1 children’s hospital in the United States, strives to be the world leader in the advancement of healthcare for children by integrating excellent patient care, innovative research and quality professional education into all of its programs. The Hospital was one of the first in the United States to recognize the importance of treating all aspects of the patient, including emotional well-being and that of the child's family. We work to educate families as partners in their children's care, and we rely on their feedback to improve our services.
At The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, we provide an environment that's as nurturing as it is dynamic. Our team-oriented approach allows for ample learning and career growth opportunities. We think you'll find that CHOP offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents. We are eager for your input, ideas and inspiration.
Just as we’re committed to the highest quality of healthcare for our patients, we believe in providing our employees with a comprehensive benefits program that meets their individual needs as well as those of their families.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia is seeking a smart, creative and energetic person to join a mature team of developers/analysts, as an IS Developer III. This is a unique opportunity for a seasoned programmer and/or analyst with experience in interfaces, data integration and/or software development. You will be part of a highly-effective, seasoned team that provides critical solutions to our clinical and business customers in and out of the hospital. A BS or BA degree in IS or related field, or demonstrated commensurate work experience is required and at least 5 years of interfaces, data integration and/or software development experience. Effective oral and written communication skills are also required. The ideal candidate will also possess a proven eagerness to continually learn and will enjoy working in a dynamic and collaborative environment.
The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia (CHOP) is the nation's first hospital devoted exclusively to the care of children. Since our start...