The IS Field Support Technician is responsible for providing first and second level technical support to center and corporate office personnel via the phone and on-site. The IS Field Support Technician serves as the first point of contact for incidents and user requests and is responsible for initial diagnosis, resolution, and escalation based on documented processes and procedures. The IS Field Support Technician also serves as second level support with hands on equipment support to urgent care centers in Jacksonville and throughout Florida. Support includes all network wiring and infrastructure, desktop and laptop computers, operating systems, peripheral devices, phones, printers, copiers, applications, connectivity, and other IT related services and equipment as part of a support team providing level one and two support for the entire enterprise; general maintenance, monitoring, and administrative responsibilities and participation in various projects as well as handling small adds, moves, and changes as needed. Technician will assist Technical Services group with data center tasks as needed and setup new centers nationwide.
1. Provide own transportation
2. Be available to travel on demand
3. Monitors Service Desk ticket and phone queue and responds to user requests via phone, electronically or in person per established SLA’s.
4. Diagnoses and resolves technical hardware and software issues. Escalates to level two and three support per established procedures if additional support is required.
5. Travels >60% in Jacksonville area
6. Travels occasionally to central and south Florida
7. Travels occasionally to other states
8. Maintain effective communication and follow-up with all tasks
9. Installs network infrastructure and user equipment in new centers
10. Provides hands on second level support on site
11. Provides hands on support to the Technical Services group with Data Center related tasks
12. Identifies and escalates situations requiring urgent attention
13. Redirects problems to appropriate resource when needed
14. Researches and answers questions using available information resources
15. Advises users on appropriate actions
16. Logs all support interactions, incidents, and request per established procedures
17. Monitors and tracks open issues and requests and follow up to ensure timely resolution per established
18. Completes all work within established procedures, standards, and SLA’s.
19. Prepares regular activity reports and updates.
20. Stays current with system information, changes, and updates.
21. Actively participates in project and team initiatives as needed.
22. Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential and adhering to company guidelines.
23. Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests.
24. Explores opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
25. Provides excellence in customer service
26. Understand, supports, and contributes to the organization’s mission, goals, and values
27. Working knowledge of Windows operating systems, Citrix, MS Office, Internet Explorer, Active Directory, security and account maintenance, desktop hardware and peripherals, networking, and general IT systems understanding.
28. Knowledge of relevant call tracking and service desk applications and processes.
29. Knowledge and experience with customer services practices.
30. Related experience and training in an IT services environment.
31. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent job-related experience (one to three years)
- Technical certifications preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum of one to three years of experience in IT Support/Help Desk
- Excellent team and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Effective communication skills: reading, writing, and verbal
- Phone and computer operator skills
- Able to work with a minimum of supervision
- Able to handle problems in a calm and responsive manner.
- Strong customer services skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate computer skills including knowledge of PC software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Knowledge of company services and lines of business
- Knowledge of health care industry