Business Intelligence/Microstrategy Lead Architect will be part of Pharmacy Data Warehouse team responsible for designing, developing and deploying business intelligence and data warehousing projects.
Five plus years of experience in large scale high velocity analytics production environments.
• Ideal candidate must have at least five plus years of experience working with large Enterprise Data Warehouse projects in the role of Business Intelligence/Microstrategy Lead architect/developer.
• Strong experience with Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing design principles and industry best practices. Expert knowledge of the Microstrategy suite of analytical tools. OBIEE, SAS, other BI tools is a plus.
• Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, organizational, documentation, and presentation skills (to executive level staff and to large groups).
• Demonstrated ability to lead, persuade, and gain consensus from very diverse audiences.
• Ability to interact with people from diverse backgrounds and different experience levels.
• Ability to train and mentor others in the use of Microstrategy software and techniques.
• Involved in gathering requirements and created architectural, detail design documents and reports
• Performance Tuning of Microstrategy Reports.
• Working knowledge of Teradata database platform as well as SQL.
• Business Intelligence/Microstrategy Lead Architect will be part of Pharmacy Data Warehouse team responsible for designing, developing and deploying business intelligence and data warehousing projects.
• The Business Intelligence/Microstrategy Lead Architect must evaluate functional and technical business requirements.
• Provide leadership and direction on Business Intelligence/Microstrategy portion of project using Microstrategy, OBIEE, SAS, other BI tools. Teradata is being used as data warehouse with a variety of databases, applications and flat files as data sources.
• Subject Matter Expert on enterprise data, OLAP, data analysis, data modeling, SQL constructs and workload management.
• Must be able to work independently and have the ability to gain understanding of requirements/data specifications and any data discrepancies from interaction with others.
• Primary responsibility is to review, update, maintain Microstrategy related system architecture documentation, and create Microstrategy design documents that will be followed by the developers to build a Microstrategy suite of applications.
• Transform requirements into MicroStrategy solutions that efficiently enable expected application, reporting, and analytic capabilities to support the business and strategic initiatives of the enterprise.
• Provide technical oversight for the development of integrated Microstrategy solutions through expert guidance, review and validation of existing reporting and new solutions to ensure continuous accuracy and front end ease-of-use.
• Create design pattern templates for deliverable objects
• Find opportunities in the areas of user experience as well as innovative ways (R&D) to deliver powerful analytical insight.
• Explain functional/technical requirements to application development teams and track work status.
• Contribute to the review of test plans, test cases to ensure all requirements are covered and documents are thorough.
• Work with team lead and business analyst to provide support and contribution in preparing critical User Acceptance scenarios.
• Assist in deploying/migrating product within the production environment; serve as the subject matter expert for systems in production - helping to ensure a stable, robust production environment.
• Must be able to work with off-shore leads and oversee projects that will be developed by off-shore teams
• Capable of communicating across a diverse workforce to ensure work transitions effectively without interruption or incident.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
CVS Caremark, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. We are an innovative, fast-growing company guided by values that focus on teamwork, integrity and respect for our colleagues and customers. What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
As the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider, we offer a wide range of exciting and fulfilling career opportunities across our three business units - MinuteClinic, pharmacy benefit management (PBM) and retail pharmacy. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues work hard every day to make a positive difference in the lives of our customers.
medITjobs.com - 20 months ago