Summary : This position is responsible for procurement of all computing environment hardware, software, and services to meet the needs of users as they meet the functional objectives of the business. This position is responsible for vendor selection, management, price negotiations, and maintaining necessary service levels for IS product delivery and serviceability.
- Establish and implement procedures for procuring IS products (e.g., hardware/software) and services (e.g., external technology-based training) to ensure optimum cost and product serviceability
- Establish RFP process to select vendors based on reliability, serviceability, and cost.
- Establish a regular contract review process and, when needed, a process for putting existing business out for bids.
- Establish methods for automating, simplifying and standardizing ordering of basic supplies and equipment.
- Negotiate costs and quality requirements for IS products and services
- Maintain positive relationships with vendors to ensure efficient, dependable sources of supply and information
- Work with DRC employees to determine IS product/service needs, budget requirements, and timelines
- Maintain accurate account classification information and assure charges are designated with the correct accounting codes
- Provide purchasing activity reports in various configurations to support decision making and budget control/development
- Track IT license and maintenance agreements, and update and maintain IT asset database
- Participate in IT project teams
- Perform other duties as needed
- 2-year degree from Technical/Community College
- Three or more years of IT-related purchasing and/or training experience
- Demonstrated understanding and proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, etc.)
- Ability to manage multiple priorities within tight timeframes
- Strong customer service orientation
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work successfully both independently and in teams
- Bachelor’s degree with a concentration in IT or accounting/financePurchasing certification
Essential Job Functions:
- Report to work promptly when scheduled
- Be able to work under supervision and accept feedback
- Relate effectively and work respectfully with diverse work groups
- Ability to consistently perform well during times of increased work load
- Set and meet deadlines
- Manage multiple job functions simultaneously
Data Recognition Corporation is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.
Data Recognition Corporation - 20 months ago