Want a company with a real vision?
Our people make the difference in our success. Our vision is to provide Total Lifetime care to every pet, every parent, every time. We can't achieve this vision without the right people - they make the difference in our business and our success. Every associate plays a role in achieving our success by focusing on our three strategic priorities - delighting our customers, growing pet services and operating excellence. Here at the Store Support Group, you could play a key role in supporting these strategic initiatives.
Today, PetSmart has over 1200 store locations, with many more scheduled to open soon. We continue to grow at our Corporate Headquarters which means great opportunities for a professional such as you!
Benefits of working with PetSmart
In addition to a competitive salary, PetSmart associates are eligible for health benefits, 401K options, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off, training and development, and an associate discount at all PetSmart stores!
PetSmart is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce, sustaining an inclusive and supportive work environment, and prohibiting harassment and discrimination in all aspects of employment. PetSmart participates in background, drug and E-Verify screenings as appropriate under Company policies and applicable law.
Role Description: This Project Manager resides in the Information Services Project Management Organization and provides daily Project Management for projects providing IS solutions to the PetSmart Business Teams. The project manager is accountable for delivering business outcomes and technology solutions for PetSmart. The project manager manages scope, schedule, budget, and resources by developing strong relationships with their business partners and within IS. This person is accountable for maintaining the overall project plan for the projects they manage; and developing relevant project artifacts to communicate overall schedule, costs, risks, resource utilization, and communications. This person develops strong relationships within IS, across PetSmart's business areas, and with key technology deployment vendors. The position will utilize the PetSmart Project Life Cycle Methodology for project delivery. The project manager is accountable for ensuring organized and managed change.
History of delivery in the following business areas:
• eCommerce (Omni Channel), Marketing, Merchandising
Partnership within IS PMO:
• Understands project's alignment within a greater project portfolio and when necessary partners across other projects to manage risks, resources, etc.
• Demonstrates passion for project management and seeks continuous improvement, in process, tools, and templates
• Demonstrates leadership in project delivery and acts as a role model for PM competencies
Partnership with Business & Business Alignment Leader:
• Supports annual and strategic planning with business alignment leader
• Ensures alignment of project scope, objectives, and critical success factors
• Understands impact of technology solutions on PetSmart's business
• Partners with PetSmart's business teams to confirm deployment readiness and deployment support
Partnership with Business Owner, Project Manager, & Analysts:
• Works with business and business analyst to identify critical business processes impacted by the project and ensures the project manages to the success of those processes
• Supports business in requirements definition, test planning and execution, training planning and execution and organizational change management planning and execution
Partnership within IS; Applications, Integrations, & Technical Teams:
• Partners with IS teams to ensure comprehensive IS solutions are delivered to the business
• Ensures IS readiness for system deployment and support
• Partners with QA lead to ensure end to end test planning across all impacted technology platforms
• Ensures alignment of test systems and resources to achieve the quality and schedule requirements
Change Management & Training:
• Creates project communications plan; works with business, business alignment leader, and project leadership team to deliver all necessary communications throughout the project
• Supports project organizational change management of policies and procedures; Assessment of risk and change management
• Directly manages project budget; Partners with IS Finance for monthly and quarterly reviews of project spend against budget
• Knowledge of IS Capital and Expense budgeting and spend processes
• Assesses projects for possible risks and opportunities
• Works with IS and business management to understand project priorities and directs work accordingly
• Provides daily management of the project schedule; reporting schedule, risks, issues, and constraints
• Ensures project milestones are integrated with overall delivery schedule
Procurement & Vendor Management:
• Strong vendor management experience soliciting and partnering with external vendors on solutions and methodologies
• Integrates the IS, business, and vendor work plans; to include activities, milestones, deliverables, and critical dependencies; Demonstrates strong partnering and problem solving for product design and defect resolution; strong solution focus
General Project / Program Management:
• Strong project management tool kit, can easily hit the ground running in an cross functional project management environment
• Ability to evaluate project situations; knows when to drive project and when to be facilitative; creates a sense of urgency within the project and resource teams to drive project
• Manages a diverse project and leadership team to success
• Experience with projects requiring significant communications, ability to partner within IS, and across multiple business partners
• Experience with projects requiring business process change and training, ability to partner with business and training organization to ensure organizational readiness for change
• Experience with projects requiring modification of existing and creation of new support processes; thorough transition of support from project team to production teams with multi tier support structure
• Strong knowledge of SDLC; ability to partner with IS managers to ensure SDLC best practices are incorporated into project delivery
• Strong knowledge of project system environment management; Development, QA, Training; planning and coordination of environment utilization and sharing
• Demonstrated risk management on a large SW / Technology implementation
• Demonstrated quality assurance on a large SW / Technology implementation
• Maintains the program issue log, and when necessary drives unresolved issues with executive team members to resolution; partners with Business to ensure business issues are resolved timely
• Utilizes IS Framework to manage the project through all stages; Define, Build, Validate, Pilot, Deploy, and Warranty
• Reviews project management process, templates, and communicates core team responsibilities with core team members
• Maintains project Sharepoint structure, document versions, and file names to ensure program documentation is clearly accessible to program stakeholders and project team members
• Validates resource estimates against the work plan, confirms resource availability, negotiates with IS managers to resolve resource issues across programs; partners with business to ensure business engagement
• Demonstrated experience in managing vendor partners selection project activities
• Experience in large program delivery, with multiple Project Managers ensuring alignment for delivery and risk management
BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related field required. MBA preferred. 7+ years IS experience required in an enterprise level organization. 5+ years of highly complex project management experience required. Project Budget responsibilities $1 - 3M. PMP or other project management certification desired. Required knowledge of business process development methods. Required knowledge of IS SDLC processes and procedures. Retail Industry experience desired. Must be proficient in leading People, Process, Technology change. Must demonstrate proficiency in project management discipline and software tools required to execute the responsibilities of the position. Excellent communication, facilitation, and interpersonal relations skills required. Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization and with external vendors.
Resume | Use Our Resume Builder
Add Job to Cart | Send this job to a friend
Print Job Details
Want to create a job search agent ?
Job Cart Directions
Interested in more than one position? Great! Instead of submitting multiple resumes, when you find a position that interests you, all you need to do is click on ADD JOB TO CART. At the bottom of the screen, you will see the positions you have added to your cart. When you are done searching, click on CHECKOUT & SUBMIT RESUME. If you have changed your mind and want to remove a position, you will be able to on the Resume Submittal Form, or click on CLEAR CART to start over. You are limited to selecting up to 5 jobs per location.
Check out &
PetSmart - 17 months ago
PetSmart, Inc. is a specialty provider of products, services and solutions for the lifetime needs of pets. The Company has identified a...