This position is with Excell Communications, a Suddenlink Communications Company.
Reporting to the Field Services Manager, this position assumes responsibility for performing network turn-up and testing of Carrier Ethernet Circuits in FTTT (Fiber to the Tower) backhaul installations as well as routine site inspections and maintenance.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Typical duties will include but not be limited to the following:
• Carrier Ethernet Router/Switch installation/configuration and VLAN build.
• Ethernet Performance Test, Acceptance and Reporting (i.e. RFC-2544)
• Interact with OSS/BSS/NOC teams on network control, troubleshooting and issue resolution.
• Coordinate with other team members in performing annual and bi-annual site inspections and routine maintenance.
• Utilize internal work-flow management (At-Task) and workspace tools to document site issues and report progress.
• Must have the flexibility to work different shifts (day, night or weekend)
• May provide after hours "on-call" support for technical issues on a rotating schedule with other team members.
• Associate Degree in a technical discipline and 4-6 years technical experience with 4+ years directly related to the job. College hours or a college degree may be substituted for some experience as deemed appropriate.
• 4 years of experience with broadband access network implementations.
• Solid TCP/IP, Layer 1-2 networking and hands-on VLAN build experience.
• Experience in IP network performance management and diagnosis.
• Strong troubleshooting, organizational, communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to read and comprehend network engineering schematics and design maps.
• Must be proficient in MS Office applications especially MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) programs and/or Microsoft Visio.
Cequel Communications, which operates through subsidiary Suddenlink, provides cable TV, high-speed Internet access, and phone...