Insurance Service Professional
Job ID # : 5293 Location: Atlanta, GA
Functional Area : Customer Service SBU: 22001 - Personal Lines Operations
Position Type : Full - Time
Education Required : Bachelors Degree
Experience Required : 1 - 3 Years
Relocation Provided :
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking positive, energetic, top performing individuals who desire to build a strong foundation in Insurance.
“Our Policy is Performance”
Hanover Insurance is a winning company comprised of outstanding professionals focused on a single vision: to be the very best in our business. At The Hanover you will have the opportunity to: Grow Your Career, Love What You Do and Be Valued for Your Contributions.
Apply today and discover:
- Why, in 2010 & 2011, we were recognized by The Boston Globe as a Top Places to Work and by Business Insurance as a Best Places to Work.
- How we continue to grow stronger through acquisitions, increased product offerings and unparalleled credit rating agency upgrades in the industry.
- How we build unique relationships with our Employees, Agent Partners and Customers.
…what it’s like to work for the best insurance company in the industry!!!
The Insurance Service Professional is a fantastic opportunity to build a foundation for your career growth at The Hanover Insurance Group. As a member of the Personal Lines Customer Service Center Team, you will work with our independent agents and their customers to create an outstanding service experience. By joining our Team, you can expect to take part in a comprehensive training program that will position you for success; The Hanover will also sponsor you to obtain a Property and Casualty license which will allow you to sell our exceptional line of insurance products. Monthly bonuses will be paid to individuals who meet and exceed their sales goals (no commissions!) Throughout your tenure, you will become a fully trained Insurance Service Professional, learning functions across the Personal Lines business that will position you for a wide range of career growth and continued personal development and acquiring skill set that provides you the opportunity to maximize your career. Apply now to be part of one of the top 40 Property and Casualty companies in the US!
In this position, key job duties include:
- Receiving inbound calls to assist agents and insureds with underwriting, process and billing inquires while making changes to policies as needed (no cold calling!)
- Providing recommendations and selling additional (cross-selling) or increased coverage (up-selling) in appropriate situations and within specified underwriting guidelines
- Interpreting and verifying policy coverage’s, changes, renewals and new business transactions
- Providing insurance quotes to agents and policyholders
- Processing policy transactions
- Researching and reconciling direct billing records
- Completing outbound calls to complete research and follow-up activity on additional policy details
- Other duties as assigned
Our Contact Center is open from 10am to 9:00PM weekdays and 9:00AM to 5:00PM on Saturdays. As a result, flexible schedules are available for individuals who are able to commit to early evening hours and Saturdays on a rotational basis.
To be a strong candidate considered for our team, we primarily look for:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- A Property Casualty License (or ability to obtain a license within 45 business days of hire)
- Two to three years’ experience in a sales or service environment
- Exceptional customer service and phone skills
- Ability to perform multiple tasks
- Ability to commit to Customer Service Center Training program and call center schedule
Benefits To Joining The Hanover Team :
Competitive Pay and Benefits
Retirement Savings Plan: 401(k) Program with Company Match with additional Company contributions
Beneficiary and Ability Assist Programs
Travel Assistance Program
Matching Education Gifts Plan
Employee Development and Education Assistance and Professional and Industry Designation Programs
Generous "Time Off With Pay"
The Hanover Insurance Group, Inc. (NYSE: THG), based in Worcester, Massachusetts, is the holding company for a group of insurers that includes The Hanover Insurance Company, also based in Worcester; Citizens Insurance Company of America, headquartered in Howell, Michigan, and their affiliates. The Hanover offers a wide range of property and casualty products and services to individuals, families and businesses through an extensive network of independent agents, and has been meeting its obligations to its agent partners and their customers for more than 150 years. Taken as a group, The Hanover ranks among the top 40 Property and Casualty insurers in the United States.
EEO Statement The Hanover Insurance Group provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes. The Company is committed to maintaining an environment in which all employees are treated equitably and given the opportunity to achieve their full potential in the workplace.
The Hanover Insurance Group does not accept unsolicited Agency resumes. The Hanover Insurance Group will not pay fees to any third party agency or firm that does not have a signed "Employment Agency Agreement" already on file with Human Resources - The Office of Talent Management.
The Hanover Insurance Group - 9 months ago