As an IT Analyst in Caterpillar, you will assist in the development of detailed system specifications for major business or technical support and/or development, integration and implementation projects. You will also apply systems and/or infrastructure solutions to business/technical problems.
Job Duties/Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical leadership in the development of business applications.
- Provide mentoring to junior developers
- Develop, Enhance, Support, and Test distributed applications that enable Caterpillar supply chain processes.
- Consult with Caterpillar Business Partners in the development of in-hous systems and the implementation of purchased software solutions.
- This is an excellent opportunity to learn and contribute to the IT enablement of Caterpillar supply chain planning and execution processes.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or related area.
- Minimum of two years Java Web Application Development experience.
- Fully knowledgeable of the Java programming language, program design, programming logic, testing, debugging (ex - Struts, Hibernate, Spring, JUnits, JMock).
- Experience with relational databases, particularly Oracle
- Experience with mvc frameworks such as Spring MVC
- Strong understanding of the latest web technologies and trends
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design and programming
- Strong understanding of Object Oriented design patterns
- Solid analytical, problem-solving and multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills
- Strong ability to work independently and in a team environment
Caterpillar's workforce is as diverse as the customers we serve.
- Experience of general supply chain or procurement business functions
- Mobile development experience
- Strong understanding of data warehousing concepts
- Strong understanding of content versioning concepts
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment based non-immigrant and immigrant visas. However, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website
Feb 26, 2013, 12:59:59 AM
United States-Illinois-East Peoria-EPEORIA01-East Peoria Bldg AD-US
Caterpillar - 17 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...