Responsible for developing code in support of new application functionality or defect remediation according to design specifications.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1) Codes and documents software programs in accordance with design specifications.
2) Creates unit and integration test plans.
3) Performs unit and integration testing.
4) Participates in peer code reviews.
5) Supports application deployment.
1) Proactively identifies opportunities to improve existing methodologies, processes or other areas of application delivery performance.
2) Proactively communicates issues and status as required.
3) Performs other duties as assigned.
1) Experience with software development methodologies, the software development lifecycle (SDLC), and best practices required.
2) Experience working in teams.
3) Proficiency with an Integrated Development Environment (IDE) desired.
4) Proficiency with MS Office.
5) Exercises problem solving and creativity when developing code, to create efficient, reusable software, which results in minimal maintenance.
6) Basic communications (oral and written and interpersonal) skills. Proven ability to develop effective relationships with peers and first level management.
- Bachelors degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or relevant curriculum; or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.1 year experience in IT applications to include design, development, test, and maintenance experience in mainframe or server based technologies.
- A Masters (or PhD) degree may be used to offset one year of experience.
Experience developing .NET applications, both thick client and web based applications required. Experience with Oracle database systems including the fundamentals of database design and advanced SQL query ability required.
CTS International - 16 months ago