I have a northside client looking for a top notch IT Application Program Manager. This is a 6 month contract to hire position.
No SPONSORSHIP OR VISA TRANSFERS!!!! MUST BE US CITIZEN OR HAVE GREEN CARD.
PERFECT COMMUNICATION SKILLS A MUST!!!
Responsible for managing highly complex, high profile, enterprise-wide IT projects/programs. This is not a network or infrastructure Program Manager.
- Monitors, measures and reports on project portfolio status to IT and senior business leadership.
- Assists in strategic planning and visioning based on organization goals and objectives
- Provides mentorship, support and guidance to project managers
- Align and continually evaluate projects throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Defines resources and schedule for project/program implementation.
- Create strategies for risk mitigation and contingency planning
- Plans and schedule project deliverables, goals, and milestones
- Collaborate with business leaders and stakeholders on the operational aspects of the projects
- Performs team assessments and evaluations.
- Develop Requests for Proposals (RFP) for external services.
- Bachelor's Degree required and a minimum of fifteen (15) years previous related work experience managing multiple complex, medium to large enterprise projects/programs in IT Application Development, preferably in an Oracle ERP environment.
- Experience managing a portfolio of projects that includes aligning priorities of different teams and different projects to ensure that deliverables support business goals
- Experience working with projects spanning multiple application areas as well as working with distributed teams including offshore vendors
- Proficiency in MS Project and other project & portfolio management applications including MS SharePoint.
- Prior direct administrative responsibility for 5 to 7 professionals with experience leading and directing project teams in a matrix environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including demonstrated ability to interact with and deliver effective presentations to all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated the ability to accommodate a high level of change and adapt accordingly
- Experience analyzing complex issues and delivering appropriate solutions
- Experience working with organizations that utilize a PMO governance structure; directly working in a PMO desired but not required. PMP certification highly preferred as well as demonstrated use of PMBOK best practices in project management work
- Strong interpersonal skills to achieve process changes and departmental goals within a matrix organization; ability to communicate and work effectively with others at all levels of the organization; self-starter that works with a sense of urgency; proven leader
- Due to requirements of U.S. Military contracts, employees in this position must be a U.S. Citizen or hold Permanent Resident status.
Triangle Technology - 15 months ago