Job Title: IT Application Testing Manager
Job ID: 03668
Division : Information Services
Work Location(s): United States-Wisconsin-Madison
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The IT Application Testing Manager is responsible for developing and executing project testing strategies and plans in order to support the delivery of products that meet or exceed specified standards and end-user requirements. Coordinates with internal and external partners to set up and conduct product testing and analysis prior to implementation including: test data creation, functional, system, integration, regression, performance, and user acceptance testing. Ensures that system tests are successfully completed and documented and all problems are resolved. Participates in continuous improvement process for testing tools, techniques and infrastructure to increase speed of release cycles and allow for consistent delivery of quality products. Promotes and provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
- Testing Services Management (65%)
- Manages the creation and maintenance of test data that can be used to test applications and releases and for training purposes, using a variety of techniques and considering the technical, functional, and security requirements of each application.
- Plans and executes release-level testing that incorporates a variety of inter-related applications that comprise one release.
- Creates, reviews and approves implementation of testing standards, best practices and trends; provides expert assistance to project teams. Works to improve testing standards to ensure their continued efficiency and effectiveness.
- Works with the Resources Testing Manager to acquire and manage resources that specialize in application system testing, integration testing, performance testing, and test data creation.
- Coordinates with other areas to execute specialized testing such as penetration testing and controls testing.
- Ensures that the testing and evaluation procedures used to test technology solutions are cost-effective and functional while meeting the customer's needs.
- Defines and maintains processes and metrics that support testing and defect management, including metrics that measure the effectiveness of testing.
- Adheres to and supports the solution delivery life cycle (SDLC) standards and processes.
- Relationship Management (20%)
- Foster collaboration across different functional area for successful releases.
- Develops and maintains strong relationships with other I/S departments.
- Builds an internal network with peers to learn their business from their perspective. Understands how individual operational units relate to each other and support other areas of business.
- Establishes and maintains an open customer relationship, which fosters the spirit of mutually beneficial partnership and clear communication.
- Establishes and maintains professional business relationships with vendor contacts.
- Provides an environment conducive to teaming within a matrix organization.
- First-Line Management / Leadership for Individual Unit or Team (10%)
- Prepares and analyzes unit planning reports.
- Demonstrates leadership, influence and expertise, affecting the results of the operating area.
- Provides an environment conducive to cross-domain teaming.
- Hires and maintains a diverse work group.
- Creates an effective work environment by developing a common vision, setting clear objectives, expecting teamwork, recognizing outstanding performance, and maintaining open communications.
- Manages and develops staff to achieve unit goals through coaching, providing performance feedback, providing effective performance assessments, and establishing performance & development plans.
- Strategies Linked to the Division's Business Goals/Results (5%)
- Establishes, communicates, and implements departmental plans, objectives, and strategies.
- Participates as a member of the Management Team.
- Maintains an active awareness of American Family's business environments, corporate culture, and structure to support key decision-making.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- Achieve Results
- Be Accountable
- Lead Change
- Lead Corp Vision & Strategy
- Lead People
- Maximize Customer Experience
- Basic knowledge and understanding of application development tools, concepts and languages on all platforms (mainframe, Unix, Linux, Windows, Web, Cross-Platform, etc.).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of testing and quality assurance tools (e.g. File-aid, Comparex, Xpediter, QA Load, Test Partner).
- Basic knowledge and understanding of n-tier computing platforms (e.g. Mainframe, Web enabled, multi-tier client/server, EDI, imaging).
- Demonstrated experience building testing frameworks, tools, and automation.
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with internal and external partners.
- Demonstrated experience planning and managing test phases for applications.
- Demonstrated management or leadership experience.
- Solid knowledge and understanding testing and quality assurance principles.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of systems development life cycle (SDLC).
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes health, life and dental insurance, a 401(K) plan, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave and the opportunity for career development. If you would like to put your career in motion apply online today!
A career move to join American Family Insurance may also mean a physical move for you. If you are selected for an interview, information will be provided on the level of relocation assistance available during the interview.
Offer to selected candidate will be made contingent on the results of background checks.
Please review the job requirements.
American Family Insurance - 22 months ago
American Family Insurance offers auto, home, life & annuities, health, business and farm & ranch insurance. We’ve expanded...