The project manager has responsibility for coordinating all aspects of regional IT Projects from inception to production, ensuring projects are successfully completed according to schedule. Project plans include tasks performed by groups within and outside of IT.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the project leader and heads the project. Liaison between management and project team.
- Create, manage and coordinate the integrated project plans.
- Facilitates team solutions to issues which may arise during the project.
- Track the deliverables or output from the team.
- Work with IT (Infrastructure and Applications) and Business functional managers to provide the resources for project.
- Provide direction to the project team.
- Lead the project team through the project management process (creating and executing the project plan).
- Obtain approval for the project plan.
- Maintain and issue status reports on the progress of the project.
- Respond to request for the changes of plan such as re-schedule.
- Facilitate the team process.
- Call and run team meetings on a periodic and on demand basis.
- Remove obstacles for the team so they can complete the project.
- Act as the key interface with IT Steering Committee and regional executives.
- Communicate issues back to the project team.
- Participate in the project planning process.
- Help to keep the team on process and on schedule.
- Provide weekly status reports to manager.
- 3-4 years project management experience.
- Experience with Networking and Telecommunications equipment in a global environment preferred.
- Must be professional and courteous and have strong written, oral, and organizational skills.
- Must be able to work fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
- Must be able to maintain professional demeanor during stressful situations.
- Able to demonstrate a high degree of proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Able to interact positively and productively across functions within the organization.
- Able to take ownership of responsibilities and actions, and effectively handle interpersonal relationships with others.
- Able to receive and apply feedback to improve performance.
- Ability and willingness to make timely decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain reasoning for decisions; and include appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Ability to manage shifting priorities and to consistently meet commitments and deadlines.
- Able to prioritize, plan work activities, and use time efficiently.
- Able to maintain regular, predictable attendance.
- Able to work effectively with multiple interruptions and distractions.
- Able to follow instructions and respond to management direction.
- Able to commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals.
Allied Telesis - 6 months ago