This role is responsible for managing the daily activities for IT Asset management which includes software licensing and hardware requisition through disposal within the organization.
- Track and maintain copies of software licenses, warranties, maintenance agreements, and vendor contracts to ensure license compliance.
- Receive, track, and maintain secure stock locations for new equipment and equipment awaiting deployment and disposal.
- Enter all software and hardware serial numbers or identification tags into appropriate databases and ensure information is up-to date, accurate, and auditable.
- Perform inventories and usage monitoring of all IT assets and record all findings, changes, physical location, and incidences of support.
- Prepare and stage asset for disposal.
- Effectively communicate asset management strategies to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Generate, distribute, and review relevant Asset Management reports.
- Investigate and resolve exceptions and accuracy issues in a timely manner.
- 3+ years of direct work experience in IT asset, license, and software management.
- Solid working knowledge of software contract and licensing language, including the ability to identify and extract agreement terms, renewal dates, license quantity, license types (by CPU, by core, by connection, by server...), and license usage restrictions.
- Familiarity and technical competence with asset management software and/or inventory-tracking systems. Knowledge and experience with Microsoft SCCM, BarScan, and Spider strongly preferred.
- General knowledge of warehouse inventory methodologies.
- Highly organized with acute attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task on a daily basis
- Self-sufficient and self-starter
- 4-year college degree or equivalent work experience in a related field
- Certified Software Asset Management (CSAM) preferred
- Certified Hardware Asset management Professional (CHAMP) preferred
- Certified IT Asset Manager (CITAM) preferred
American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. - 11 months ago