Primary Purpose of the Job:
To function as the first line of support for the Food Bank For New York City’s window/MS Office environment and telecommunications systems.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide IT and telecommunications technical support for all computers, phones. And related peripherals;
- Maintain and configure computers, printers, peripherals and software;
- Handle occasional website updates;
- Handle problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution and follow-up for routine user problems;
- Setting up new users, install desktops, laptops and printers and other related IT equipment;
- Engage external support resources as needed;
- Log and track all support requests and other IT related tasks through our helpdesk system;
- Assist in technology procurement. Maintain software library, licenses and hardware inventory;
- Provide training staff members as needed;
- Assist in the administration of emails, web, databases, as well as networking and backup system;
- Assist in managing security and other controls needed to insure the integrity of data in our systems;
- Communicating with managers and staff on all aspects of IT;
- Administrative tasks such as maintaining up to date documentation related to procedures, policies, and infrastructure including organization of related systems information such as inventory, file systems, active directory, databases and email user accounts;
- Perform other related tasks as assigned.
- 4+ year’s experience of Help Desk technical support in a Microsoft Windows environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in maintaining relevant network environments;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Active Directory, TCP/IP and LAN, as well as MSOffice products;
- Knowledge of SQL Server is desirable.