Job Title: |
IT Audit Senior Manager
Summary of Position Responsibilities:
Overall responsibility for the delivery and management of a portfolio of audit assignments to ensure that all business and technology risks are anticipated, identified, recognized, and appropriately managed in alignment with the departmental audit plan and initiatives. Audit activities include the following:
Audit reviews may be conducted in specialized areas, such as IT, insurance, financial products and services, or international operations, requiring specific knowledge pertaining to policies or regulations governing areas being audited.
- Performs risk assessments and develops a quarterly audit plan;
- Oversees and delivers audits of business, Information Technology Risk and Information Security processes/practices, and major business/IT projects to ensure compliance with MetLife Policy, use of compliant best practices, procedural efficiency and accuracy in accordance with the audit plan;
- Contributes to or prepares reports of audit findings for business managers and proposes recommendations for changes as needed. Prepares reports for senior management on larger-scale audit assignments; and
- Participates consultatively in implementing changes to the extent possible;
- Manages relationships with senior management; and
- Coaches and develops audit staff.
Dimensions of Position:
Principal Accountabilities of Position:
- Ensure compliance to MetLife Policy & Procedures, leading practices, procedural efficiency, risk management and accuracy;
- Ensure compliance to regulatory standards and best practice; and
- Ensure IT compliance to Risk and Security, where applicable to role.
- Provides technical expertise to audit staff and audit management to coordinate risk analyses. Compiles key information on business processes and controls;
- Assignments are broad, requiring consultation with clients and audit management to develop scope of review, timelines, and deliverables;
- Proficient in the use of industry and regulatory standards;
- Intermediate understanding of the financial services industry;
- Overall knowledge of MetLife’s businesses and operations;
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of certain business and operations of MetLife; and
- Strong written and verbal communications skills, including presenting, listening and interviewing skills.
- Role: Leading multiple projects;
- Communicate appropriately with identified stakeholders within IA and business management;
- Advanced experience in being able to multi-task various ongoing activities and engagements; and
- Tracks and follows up on open issues and key business initiatives.
- Act as the primary client contact; communicates top risks, audit plans, work in progress, and results and develops resolutions with audit management and business client;
- Consults with clients in developing action plans to resolve control issues or risks; handles the resolution of high risk issues with management; and
- Maintains a positive working relationship with auditees and sustains an ongoing relationship with key business contacts.
No direct responsibilities to manage people, but provides supervision and direction to other associates on delivering the audit plan and participates in the coaching and performance management process.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 10+ years IT audit experience, public accounting experience preferred. Experience working in technology or security operations a plus.
- Certified as a CISA, CISM or CISSP designation.
- Competent knowledge of IT and Information Security operations, policies and procedures.
- Competent knowledge of generally accepted audit standards and Corporate Internal Audit standards.
- Intermediate understanding of:
- IT general controls (e.g. security, change management, disaster backup recovery, data center, infrastructure, etc.);
- Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodology;
- Operating system and database platforms (e.g. mainframe, client/server, Windows, UNIX, AS400, DB2, etc.);
- Networking (e.g., TCP/IP)
- IT governance processes (IT Policies and Standards, ITIL);
- IT Risk Management’s assessment processes (e.g., Security, Vendor, and Risk Assessments);
- IT application control concepts (e.g. application processing controls, system reconciliations, matching, workflows, etc.); and
- Information Security frameworks, such as: ISO 27001, Information Security Forum Standard of Good Practice, and NIST standards; and,
- COBIT principles, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
Global Technology & Operations
Number of Openings
Equal Employment Opportunity
MetLife is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, click on the Apply Now button below. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile which may take 15 – 20 minutes to complete. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
This is the place to be to make an impact with an award-winning team that always puts its customers first. MetLife is taking giant strides...