This position can be located at our offices in Los Angeles or our headquarters in San Diego.
Assist in planning audit objectives and scope for all phases of team audits. For assigned audits, in coordination with the audit manager, project manager and/or senior auditor, provide customers with high quality value-added audit and consulting services for all Sempra Energy regulated and non-regulated businesses.
- Identify audit objectives and plan scope of assigned audits, as directed by audit manager, project manager, and/or senior auditor.
- Develop audit programs and conduct assigned audits of company IT security , operations and practices to ensure compliance with policies, plans, procedures, laws and regulations, the safeguarding of assets, the economical and efficient use of resources and the reliability and integrity of operating and financial information.
- Effectively document the results of all phases of the audit ensuring that conclusions, findings and recommendations are properly supported.
- Assist with assessing risks and recommending changes to improve IT operations or strengthen IT security and business controls, and negotiate solutions or corrective action.
- Assist in attaining the department's annual performance goals, which include completing a specified number of company audits in a timely basis and within budget.
- Represent the department as a business partner that adds value and is willing to assist with all Sempra Energy activities.
- Set a tone to encourage Company management to call upon Audit Services for assistance.
- Assist with special audit projects as assigned
Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Accounting, Economics, Engineering, Business Administration or related field/ equivalent experience. Three plus years of related experience. Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) certificate preferred. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) accepted. Professional IT related certifications desirable.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Able to be tactful and diplomatic in presenting audit findings and recommendations to management and in negotiating solutions or corrective action.
- Conflict resolution and negotiating skills. Good knowledge of financial, operational and management practices and auditing techniques.
- Resource Mgmt, Budgeting and planning, problem-solving, risk assessment and Project Management - ability to develop a high quality IT audit program, implement the audit program, and discuss audit findings in a satisfactory manner with the audit client and to write a quality audit report.
- Analytic ability and audit judgment from a business prospective in IT, operating, technical, and other fields, to develop cost effective recommendations on operational and control issues.
- Acts as a positive, contributing team player, with strong professional commitment.
- Strong initiative and able to work independently.
- Strong professional commitment with the ability to effectively function within a team structure.
- Strong experienced in performing computer specific and general control audits of mainframe and distributed server platform, telecommunications, information security and integrated systems and workflows. SAP knowledge and audit experience highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of Sempra Energy company IT environment, preferred.
101 Ash St
State / Province:
The Sempra family of companies is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Sempra Energy was created in 1998 by a merger of parent companies of two long-established, and highly respected, investor-owned utilities...