Fannie Mae exists to expand affordable housing and bring global capital to local communities in order to serve the U.S. housing market. Today, our focus is on preventing foreclosures, making mortgages and rental housing as affordable as possible, and supporting the housing recovery. We are rapidly building and realigning our company to better serve the market as we support the Administration's Homeowner Affordability and Stability Plan.
Join our dedicated, diverse, high-performing workforce and put your unique talents to good use as we work with our partners to advance our nation's housing recovery.
For more information about Fannie Mae and our career opportunities, visit www.fanniemae.com.
Assist with planning and fieldwork implementation of audits/projects to assess complex functionalities and output of various information technology systems, applications and platforms/operating systems for compliance with corporate policies and procedures. Review the system development life cycle projects for cost and timeliness and achievement of stated business objectives.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Assist with managing the design and implementation of controls for information technology systems for assigned business units. Coordinate and lead audit team meetings to discuss the audit plan, including audit background, preliminary objectives/scope (identified during the Annual Audit Planning process), audit budget, audit execution schedule, affected departments, contacts and expectations.
- Take ownership and independently manage the audit of smaller systems or systems supporting individual offices (with minimal oversight from IT Audit Manager/Director). Conduct first-level review of IT Auditor work and facilitate appropriate documentation; leverage IT Audit Manager/Director guidance as needed. Review audit documentation; begin to determine information technology system risks and the potential impact of risks on the organization. Perform root cause analysis on exceptions identified during audits.
- Validate and document Risk Control Matrix; write test procedures based on Risk Control Matrix. Draft IT audit reports; revise and finalize with IT Audit Manager/Director. Write ICIs, discuss with audit management and validate issues with stakeholders; assist with additional report writing as needed.
- Assist with tracking results of prior audits, identifying audit themes across organizations and determining if appropriate corrective action has been taken regarding significant IT audit concerns. Contribute to strengthening and improving the governance, risk and control environment of the organization; share issues, ideas and recommendations with the IT Audit Manager/Director and Internal Audit Teams.
- Provide informal, day-to-day coaching and guidance to IT Auditors. Share knowledge of specialty areas to build knowledge and capabilities across Internal Audit. Build and maintain relationships with business partners at the manager and staff levels.Provide advice and share Internal Audit knowledge with business partners at the manager and staff levels to strengthen governance, risk and control environments, as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required
- CISA (strongly preferred), CISSP, CPA and/or CIA
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
- 3 to 6 years of relevant experience.
- Expertise in such areas as UNIX, Oracle, Windows, Mainframe Platform, etc.
- Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience.
- 3 or more years of experience in an internal or external audit role preferred.
- Prior experience assessing risk and testing application controls, general controls and interfaces in an audit, advisory or consulting environment preferred.
- Experience conducting pre- or post-implementation and integrated finance or business audits preferred. Working knowledge of SDLC preferred.
- Expertise in such areas as UNIX, Oracle, Windows, Mainframe Platform preferred.
- Mortgage Banking and/or previous Fannie Mae-specific experience helpful but not required.
- Ability to identify areas of risk and also opportunities for creating efficiencies or improvements helpful.
- Experience auditing proprietary applications helpful
- Six Sigma or similar process analysis experience helpful.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screen and to successfully complete a background investigation, which may also include a credit check for positions in some areas of our business.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fannie Mae - 17 months ago
We are looking for employees who are intent on helping us achieve something remarkable. Since 2009, we have made tremendous progress in...