The Internal Audit Department is currently seeking an Information Technology Auditor to perform IT audits including reviews of application controls, general IT controls and the implementation of new computer systems.
This individual will be responsible for identifying key information technology risks and corresponding controls; evaluating controls to verify proper design and effectiveness of operation; communicating issues and recommendations for control improvements to management; documenting audit work using automated audit software and following up on the status of corrective actions.
Plans and executes audit sections for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) IT projects and non-SOX IT audit projects in support of the North America IT Audit Plan with high quality, minimal oversight and within assigned deadlines.
Demonstrates a strong understanding of the department’s risk, control, and test methodology and IT Auditing concepts.
Performs interviews with process owners to identify key internal controls. Prepares or updates narratives and flowcharts of business and IT processes.
Effectively articulates through written and verbal communication the scope and results of work performed. Obtains adequate and relevant documentation to substantiate audit conclusions.
Communicates complex technological issues in an effective manner. Prepares audit reports that clearly and concisely summarize the objectives and scope of work performed, identify internal control deficiencies where applicable and provide relevant suggestions for improvement. Ensures proper correction of issues noted during the review.
Builds effective business relationships and supports internal customers by providing guidance on internal control issues, business processes and best practices to manage IT risks.
Utilizes technology to improve audit techniques. Provides support to external and internal auditors in the automated tasks and IT components of their review.
Effectively trains/coaches/supervises IT Audit staff as assigned on specific projects. Shares knowledge and acts as a technical resource to the team.
Education and skills
Pay Band to be determined based on experience.
• Bachelor’s degree required with Information Systems, Accounting, or Finance major preferred.
• 3-5 years IT auditing or related experience and ability.
• Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley Act compliance desirable.
• Knowledge of Chubb supported hardware and software (Mainframe technologies including but not limited to IMS, COBOL, JCL, DB2, FOCUS, RACF; Non-Mainframe technologies including but not limited to Windows, Oracle, UNIX), Microsoft Suite and Lotus Notes preferred.
• Knowledge of Property and Casualty insurance preferred.
• CISA, CIA or CPA designation desirable.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Knowledge of internal control concepts, principles and techniques.
• Familiarity with the COBIT framework preferred.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the demonstrated ability to deal effectively with a wide variety of people including all levels of management.
• High degree of motivation.
• Ability to evaluate IT and related processes, support business objectives, and work within team or individual environments.
• Ability to effectively learn department specific applications/software.
• Demonstrate initiative, creative thinking, analytical and project management skills.
Chubb Group - 9 months ago