Looking for a place where your hard work can be FUN and APPRECIATED? Come join H&R Block! This is your chance to join our organization and become part of a known and respected brand. H&R Block is America’s 4 th largest retail organization. Due to our exciting plans for the future, we have several career opportunities available.
This key audit position executes technology audit projects designed to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, in accordance with industry standards (COBIT, COSO, ISO, etc.), the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit, and department standards. This includes preparation of audit work papers and reports documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action. Development and maintenance of a strong rapport with key associates is expected. The person in this role should promote organizational confidence in the value and integrity of audit services, and complete other work as assigned.
The person in this role will assist with program oversight of H&R Block’s enterprise-wide compliance program for the Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX), including management’s assessment of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting, serving as a resource to update processes and controls, monitoring and reporting on management progress, assisting with control testing, developing an efficient program methodology and training.
Performs, individually or as part of a team, audits in accordance with Generally Accepted Auditing Standards as set forth by the AICPA, the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards. Key responsibilities include:
- Prepares or assists in preparation of detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, and development of an appropriate audit program.
- Performs audit activities in a professional manner. Obtains, analyzes, and appraises evidentiary data for use in forming an objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and efficiency of operations.
- Prepares audit work papers in accordance with department and professional standards that document all audit procedures, findings and recommendations.
- Explores alternative courses of action for correcting control weaknesses, resolving operating problems or improving performance, and prepares recommendations.
- Assists in the presentation and review of audit findings with members of operating management.
- Analyzes the adequacy of actions initiated or proposed by management to implement or improve internal controls, or improve operational effectiveness. Follows up to ensure acceptable and timely execution of management action plans.
- Assists in the preparation of audit reports designed to provide management and the Audit Committee of the Board of Directors with an objective assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’s planned corrective actions.
- Performs special assignments, studies, or special projects as assigned.
Assist in defining and overseeing execution of the HRB enterprise process to achieve compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX):
- Continually refine methodology as internal, external, and regulatory requirements change.
- Facilitate the process for management’s evaluation of the effectiveness of internal controls over financial reporting and evaluation of changes to internal controls over financial reporting and related systems.
- Serve as a resource for management in the preparation of process and control documentation and the testing of control procedures.
Assists in the development and execution of a comprehensive audit plan based upon risk assessment, management’s goals and objectives, and the requirements of the Audit Committee. Gathers information about potential audit areas, assists with assessing the degree of inherent risk and estimating the time required to complete audit projects.
Perform or assist in the performance of special projects or studies, including risk assessments, fraud investigations, audit department policy updates, due diligence acquisition reviews, etc.
Participates in professional associations and maintains relationships with counterparts in other companies, in order to stay abreast of professional technical trends and techniques.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, accounting, finance, or related field.
- A minimum of two years audit experience in an environment that provides exposure to sophisticated operational and financial audit techniques. Equivalent experience in an operational, technical or financial capacity is acceptable in lieu of direct audit experience.
- Certification as a Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or certification specific to the information technology or security industry Qualified candidates without a certification are required to achieve certification within 12 months of start date.
- Understanding of concepts related to information systems audit, including security and control risks such as logical and physical access security, change management, information security, business recovery practices and network technology.
- Exposure to SOX and an understanding of the general compliance requirements.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous personal professional development.
- Operational knowledge of Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit and knowledge of auditing principles and techniques.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently while contributing to the success of the team.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills suitable for all levels of management. Ability to negotiate and inspire effective, timely, proactive or corrective action by management.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint and Visio.
- Big 4 or large firm experience.
- Data analytics experience.
- Fraud investigation experience; including interviewing, research, and forensic accounting.
- Security assessment experience.
WHY SHOULD YOU WORK FOR H&R BLOCK?
Competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- Salary and incentive compensation
- Paid Time Off including
- Sick time, including short-term disability
- Benefit options for you and your eligible dependents, including:
- Medical / Prescription Drug
- Health Savings Account
- Dental / Vision
- Life / AD&D
- Long Term Disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts – medical and dependent care
- Hyatt Legal Plan
- Additional benefits include:
- 401(k) plan, including a company match of $1 for $1 up to 4% and immediate vesting
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with a discount purchase price
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Adoption Assistance
- Tax Preparation
- Buy and Save associate discount site
H&R Block is a progressive company dedicated to looking at our clients’ lives through taxes and finding ways to help. Our vision is to become the leading global consumer tax company, bringing tax and related solutions to clients year-round. If you meet the above requirements and would like to explore a career with H&R Block, please log onto our career website at www.hrblock.com and submit your resume and profile.
- We are dedicated to doing the right thing for our People, Clients and Shareholders.
- High Ambition- we focus on setting our goals high, bring out the best in our people and celebrate success.
- Agile- we anticipate the changing needs of the marketplace and quickly adjust to what our clients need today.
H&R Block - 10 months ago
Senior IT Auditor
Overland Park, KS
- 12 days ago
UMB Financial Corporation
Kansas City, MO
UMB Financial Corporation
- 3 days ago
LEAD REVENUE AUDITOR
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
Kansas City, KS
Penn National Gaming, Inc.
- 6 days ago