Making Life Even Better.
When it comes to the vision of shaping discovery and improving life, no other company can match the breadth of products and services in the life sciences field to meet this vision than Life Technologies. Created through the combination of biotechnology leaders Applied Biosystems and Invitrogen, Life Technologies’ systems, consumables, and services enable researchers to accelerate scientific exploration, driving to discoveries and developments that improve the human condition and the world around us. Our customers do their work across the biological spectrum, working to advance personalized medicine, regenerative science, molecular diagnostics, agricultural and environmental research, and 21st century forensics. With historical sales of approximately $3.5 billion, a presence in more than 100 countries, and a rapidly growing intellectual property estate of over 3,600 patents and exclusive licenses, we are poised to truly shape the world of science. Join a team of more than 9,000 employees around the world who are engaged, curious, insightful, responsible and driven to make life even better.
Life Technologies is seeking a Information Technology Internal Auditor for a newly created role in the Carlsbad, CA headquarters.
Position Objective :
To achieve the objectives of the internal audit organization, and ensure expectations of the Audit Committee of the Life Technologies Board of Directors and other stakeholders are exceeded.
Education and Certification:
- Perform all phases of an information technology (IT) related audit, including risk assessment, planning, identification of internal controls, audit - programs, fieldwork, and reporting in accordance with professional and departmental standards.
- Audit information systems, platforms, and operating procedures in accordance with established corporate standards for efficiency, accuracy and security.
- Evaluate the significance of audit findings, and review findings, recommendations, and corrective action with Internal Audit management and audit client. Monitor corrective actions for adequacy and effectiveness.
- Collect/retrieve data from site locations, IT systems, and 3 rd party providers to support internal audit objectives.
- Responsible for manipulating and analyzing large data files to identify meaningful patterns, trends, and relationships, then transforming the data into business information for varying stakeholders that helps fulfill strategic objectives.
- Develop and help implement statistical control solutions depending on company policies and procedures.
- Identify creative solutions and recommendations for data integrity issues, while developing new methodologies and techniques for examining digital evidence, and keeping up with current industry research and technologies.
- Utilize off-the-shelf (IDEA, ACL, etc) and proprietary data collection, analysis, and reporting tools.
- Assist in communicating the results of IT audit and consulting projects via written reports and oral presentations to management.
- Develop and maintain productive client and team relationships through individual contacts and group meetings.
- Pursue professional development opportunities including external and internal training and professional association memberships.
- Must be able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50 percent.
- May be required to perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
Requires a bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Mathematics, Finance, Accounting, or an equivalent field, from an accredited college or university. CISA, CISM, CGEIT, or CRISC strongly preferred.
Demonstrated ability to effectively and confidently discuss audit issues with management and develop business-focused recommendations to strengthen controls is essential.
- 1.5 to 3 years of technology audit experience (general technology controls, application, and pre-implementation system development reviews) in the Life Science or Technology/Manufacturing industry within a public accounting, finance, IT.
- Experience out of one of the Big 4 companies is strongly desired (mid-tier professional services institutions may be considered)
- Demonstrated proficiency of technology auditing control disciplines including thorough and general knowledge in one or more relevant areas of technical specialization: security software, mainframe and distributed Systems, operations, disaster recovery, or change management
- Basic understanding of risk and control concepts related to social media, Business Continuation Planning, vendor management, Cloud computing, and mobile applications
- Experience working/auditing distributed environments and mainframe environments (Windows and UNIX), relational database platforms (DB2, Oracle, and SQL Server), and Web applications
- Ability to present control analysis and recommendations with clarity and professionalism
- Experience working in teams while possessing the ability to work independently.
- Experience with SAP, JDE, and/or Oracle systems, Siebel, Agile, or EDW preferred
- Experience developing computer assisted audit techniques (CAATs) and using data analysis software (IDEA, ACL, etc.)
- Solid understanding of risk assessment, control analysis, and audit methodology with the ability to converse with management on these topics to develop the most effective audit approach
- Strong project management and analytical skills to conduct audits and assess financial, operational, and compliance and systems risk
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with management, external Auditors, and other control partners to analyze business risks and controls
As the world’s leader in serving science, at Thermo Fisher Scientific, our professionals develop critical solutions—and build rewarding...