The Internal Audit Department at Sears Holding aligns with the Audit Committee and its clients to ensure a strong collaborative spirit in defining the audit plan, executing the plan and driving value. There are opportunities for passionate, committed technology-focused audit candidates to join our team at the corporate headquarters in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, and make a difference every day as well as grow and develop to achieve their fullest potential. A technology-focused career with Audit requires motivated individuals with an information technology focus that can identify and assess risks in business processes and the technology supporting them. The primary activities of our IT Auditor involves technology-focused audits of technologies such as cloud computing and Hadoop and regular risk touch points with IT leadership. Responsibilities also include compliance-focused work such as Sarbanes-Oxley, PCI, and HIPAA. As part of an integrated Internal Audit function, IT Audit personnel regularly participate in business unit risk assessments and operational audits focused on areas such as supply chain and pricing. This includes performing business process assessments and audits focused on efficiency and effectiveness risks. The IT Audit team is also responsible for managing the data analytics function and applying data analytics effectively throughout the audit process. For all activities, our associates regularly collaborate with IT leadership and business unit management to address prevalent risks throughout the organization. |
• Ability to understand and evaluate technologies and technical features, including enterprise applications, systems, databases, and emerging technologies such as Cloud Computing, Teradata, Hadoop, and big data services.
• Maintain and update the organization’s IT Risk Universe, adding to our overall risk awareness and highlighting key emerging risks.
• Meet with IT leadership and understand IT strategies, initiatives, and emerging risks.
• Perform business unit risk assessments, meeting with business leadership, and reviewing strategic objectives to identify and quantify risk areas and potential audits.
• Execute compliance-based technology audits addressing Sarbanes-Oxley and Privacy (PCI, HIPAA, customer and employee data).
• Execute operational audits focused on business units and key business processes, such as global sourcing, social media, and online content management.
• Collaborate with Information Security to address the overall security for the organization through effective security policies, procedures, enforcement, and testing.
• Contribute to audit memos and reports and meet with business management to ensure that audit findings are effectively communicated and addressed by the organization.
• Demonstrated leadership capability
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
• Ability to communicate effectively, both in oral and written fashion
• Ability to work effectively with an integrated audit team
• IT general computing controls experience preferred
• Programming or data analytics experience preferred but not required
• 1-3 years of relevant IT audit and/or IT work experience preferred.
• Bachelor’s degree (Management Information Systems or Computer Science preferred).
• Preference to candidates with professional credentials (CISA, CISSP, ITIL) or graduate degree
• Permanent Employment Authorization/U.S. Citizen
• Ability to travel 5-15% domestically/internationally
2 - 5 Years Experience
Preferred Minimum Education
Bachelors Level Degree
Sears Holdings Corp. - 17 months ago
Sears, Roebuck and Co. hasn't outgrown the mall scene, but it's spending more time in other places. Beyond its 840 US mall-based stores,...