Share our pride. Join our mission.
As a Fortune 200 financial services company with more than $113.5 billion in owned and managed assets, USAA is on a mission - to facilitate the financial security of our members, the men and women of the U.S. military and their families worldwide. Headquartered on a showcase campus in San Antonio, TX, USAA attributes its long-standing success to its most valuable resource, our 23,000 employees. They are the heart and soul of our member-service culture.
Recently Ranked 100 Best Companies to Work For by Fortune in 2012 , we are proud to receive consistently outstanding awards and ratings for member service, employee well-being and financial strength. Everything that happens at USAA is based on our core values: Service, Loyalty, Honesty, and Integrity . These are the foundations of how we do business with our members, as well as how we treat each other.
We are currently seeking talented Auditor II for our San Antonio, TX facility.
PURPOSE OF JOB
Under limited supervision, performs moderate to semi-complex assignments and problem resolution to support the completion of assurance and advisory projects on operational, financial, compliance and/or information technology. Performs one or more of the following activities: risk and control evaluation; basic audit techniques; data retrieval, research, and analysis; client interviews; and ad hoc reports. Adheres to the Institute of Internal Audit's Standards and Code of Ethics.
- Executes the assigned portions of internal audit projects in an objective and professional manner ensuring compliance with corporate and industry audit standards.
- Assists with special reviews and investigations, monitoring activities, and completion of work for external auditors and/or regulators.
Demonstrates the ability to utilize various business systems, applications, and audit tools to create basic queries and ad hoc reports. Reviews, prepares, analyzes, and interprets data to complete assigned tasks.
- Identifies control weaknesses and opportunities for improvement in the current operating environment and assists in the development of recommendations for corrective action.
- May have specialized knowledge in one or more business/information technology areas or may have general knowledge in multiple business/information technology areas, including, but not limited to: banking, insurance, investments, financial service, information technology operations, information technology infrastructure, information security, governance.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent audit work experience (6+ years).
- 2+ years demonstrated audit work experience (operations, audit and/or compliance) in IT Operations and/or IT Security.
- Detailed working knowledge of Database Management and/or Database Security with proficiency in one or more of the following: DB2, Oracle, SQL Server, or IMS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
- Basic knowledge of internal controls, business/information technology risks and/or audit techniques.
- Basic knowledge of regulatory environment for IT.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and decision making skills.
- One or more IT or Audit certifications, such as CISA, CIA, CISSP, CCNA.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including business casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.
Qualified applicants must successfully complete a pre-employment background and drug screen.
USAA is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Percentage of Travel:
USAA has a decidedly military bearing. The mutual insurance company serves 8.4 million member customers, primarily military personnel,...