Participates in annual Sarbanes-Oxley compliance audits.
Participates in the planning, organizing, and execution of information system reviews.
Under the close supervision of a Supervisor or Manager, performs audits in assigned areas and functions, generally completes sections of routine areas or of limited scope within complex areas.
Understand business processes, analyze and assess business process controls, Identify and evaluate complex business and technology risks and linking business risks to the relevant IT audit procedures.
Assist in assessing systems and security risks and ensure that IT operations are compliance with corporate standards and regulatory requirements.
Documents and evaluates the adequacy of the internal controls in place through the review of written procedures, interviews and audit tests.
Designs, writes, tests, implements and documents Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs) programs for audit utilizing Microsoft Access, ACL, or other software packages.
Communicates audit progress, including progress of CAATs and other programming work performed, clearly, concisely and in a logical manner.
Documents findings and prepares comments and recommendations and prepares them for inclusion in reports to company management. Prepares written audit reports for review by IT Audit management.
Reviews and summarizes auditee responses.
- Interfaces with other groups inside and outside the organization, project management, finance personnel and auditors.
- Assist with pre-acquisition and other special studies and reviews.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or a related field.
- A minimum of two years of professional IT related experience.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to quickly understand and assimilate business and IT processes
- Strong communication skills and ability to effectively interact with all levels of staff and management, and external auditors.
- Working knowledge and experience in performing Windows, UNIX, network, web, database and technical audits.
- Understanding of COSO, COBIT, Sarbanes-Oxley, and internal controls.
- Experience with Oracle Financial, Audit Command Language (ACL) a plus.
- Travel requirement 25% - domestic and international locations.
UTi Worldwide - 14 months ago