IT BUSINESS SYSTEMS ANALYST
Analyzes business processes, functions, and procedures to determine the most effective software solution. This can involve working with management and key users to recognize and identify business opportunities. Solutions may require changes to existing systems, selection and integration of third party solutions or implementation of existing features of current system. Direct project team of developers, analysts and users, including multiple locations, for development ofbusiness systems. Analyst must maintain a total Woodward perspective when selecting a solution and effective communication of the solution needs to e performed to drive to common business processes across the organization.
- Serve as SAP Business Analyst in the fianance area
- Support the business in the use of SAP FI, CO, and PS modules
- Primary responsibility for recognizing business opportunities, analyzing them, and designing business systems.
- Implement SAP at new business units
- Configure FI, CO, and PS modules to meet business requirements
- Manage multi-site projects with larger user teams. Includes creating and managing project plans and budgeting.
- Support Power User Network by working with Process Owners to obtain direction and priorities, facilitating power user network meetings by location, coordinating training, resolving integration issues, software testing, and maintaining or preparing documentation.
- Responsible for leading large scale internationalbusiness development projects.
- Act as a change agent within the business for adoption of process and/or IT system changes.
- Act as a lead resource for IT analysts and developers, providing direction, answering questions, and reviewing documentation and specifications.
- Provides technical leadership by staying abreast of new technologies and recommending methods of applying them to business opportunities.
- Prepare, review and assist in the preparation of program requests to ensure adequate information and justification is provided.
- Formulates test plans, coordinates and facilitates software testing on larger projects.
- Acts as a liaisonbetween systems software development staff, management and system end-users to provide effective software solutions.
- Provide follow up and closure to projects as well as on-going support.
- Participate in strategic planning.
- Work with leaders of project team members to ensure project timelines fit within daily work assignments.
Materials and Equipment Used:
- Assists with special assignments and departmental projects as necessary.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required.
- Communicates, participates and provides input at local and enterprise levels regarding Information Technology matters.
Working Environment / Physical Activities:
- Standard office equipment such as telephones, calculators, personal computers or workstations, fax machines, etc.
- Office automation tools such as Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- Current analyst/development tools.
- Overtime may be required with flexibility to perform job functions during non-standard work hours.
- Work is normally performed in an office environment, but other areas of the plant may be visited where there is possible exposure to noise, chemical solutions, dust, and temperatures about 80 degrees F.
- Some travel is required
Education or Formal Training:
- Knowledge of how FI/CO integrates with other SAP modules
- Knowledge of SAP data dictionary and table structure
- Basic knowledge of ABAP and User Exits
- Knowledge of Project Systems
- Knowledge of Time and Attendance and labor recording
- Knowledge of government contracting and accounting
- Knowledge of BW, BPC, and BOBJ
- Solid understanding of software development concepts.
- Solid knowledge of Relational technologies.
- Expert understanding of system life cycle methodologies.
- Expert understanding of business systems and manufacturing environments.
- Expert understanding of Project Management.
- Solid experience managing large systems projects and migration efforts.
- Demonstrate sound, logical thought process when producing system specifications from business requirements.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks for self and team members.
- Communicate and interact well with all functions and levelsin the organization,and demonstrate good written skills for generating documentation.
- Exhibit a service oriented mentality.
- Degree in Business Administration, Information Systems, or Computer Science, or four to eight years in a Development environment.
- Experience with detailing program specifications and participating in major systems projects or implementations.
- Experience with making recommendations and giving direction to IT individuals, users and management.
- Experience in a large manufacturing environment.
Woodward is a multinational company with leading edge technology, headquartered in Fort Collins, CO - USA. We are an independent designer, manufacturer, and service provider of energy control and optimization solutions for commercial and military aircraft, turbines, reciprocating engines, and electrical power system equipment. Global customers in the aerospace, power and process industries, and transportation markets rely on Woodward technology to make their equipment more efficient and reliable minimizing environmental impact.
- At least 3 years experience as a SAP business analyst in the FI and CO modules
- Strong configuration skills in FI and CO modules
- Experience in support and troubleshooting system and process issues
- Experience with SAP implementations including blueprinting, configuration, testing, training, and support
- Experience working with business members at all levels of the organization
- Experience with organizing, documenting, and coordinating user acceptance testing
- Experience in developing specifications for system development and configuration
- Experience in coordinating user training
- Background in Finance
Woodward is an Equal Opportunity Employer
IT Business Systems
1st Shift / Day Job
Woodward - 8 months ago