Work Location: Madison, WI
We are seeking an uncommon professional to join our team as a IT Business Analysis Consultant
1. Provide leadership to assigned projects that are broad in scope or deep in complexity operating through staff in a project environment. Work collaboratively with business resources, IT, and business analysts for the purpose of needs assessment, work direction, and issue resolution. Analyze business operations to understand strengths and weaknesses and perceived and unperceived needs, and identify improvement opportunities in the three areas of people, process, and technology. Balance all three and ensure each is optimized appropriately in conjunction with the others. Exercise initiative and creativity in seeking solutions to business issues and problems. Consult with key stakeholders in understanding the impact of process or technology changes, evaluate alternatives, and design solutions. Oversee development of requirements, and work with steering committees, business owners, and project teams to prioritize activities and estimate resources. Participate in vendor negotiations and contract development. Share responsibility for business results.
2. Effectively utilize the Requirements Management, System Development, and Project Management methodologies to deliver assigned activities which meet business and project goals and objectives. Use technical concepts and techniques such as business process modeling, context diagrams, use cases, and state transition diagrams to scope, communicate, and document requirements. Oversee the effective and efficient use of technology to support business process modeling, the development and maintenance of business rules, and documentation as defined by business process, system, and product owners. Maintain awareness of ongoing development and maintenance activities.
3. Work with staff to coordinate the quality assurance phases of test planning, testing, defect resolution, and test tracking. Help ensure software meets or exceeds specified requirements.
4. Provide project supervision, coaching, and guidance to business analysis and testing staff within the PMO environment in support of projects and assigned activities.
5. Work with training staff to coordinate business system training and maintain business system documentation. Help ensure system training occurs in coordination with related process or people training.
Supervision: 1-2 Business Analysts
1. Bachelor s degree in Business Administration, Management Information Systems, or trade-off in related professional
2. 5 years of recent project-related work experience in project management, business analysis, process design or
3. Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Requirements Management methodology in complex
4. Demonstrated ability to effectively use and practice the Project Management methodology.
5. Thorough knowledge of technical concepts, including software development and design and business process modeling,
and ability to understand mathematical formulas and complex algorithms.
6. Demonstrated organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
7. Demonstrated planning and facilitation skills and ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities. Demonstrated ability
to take initiative and work with minimal direction.
8. Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, concisely, logically, tactfully, and effectively, both verbally and in writing,
including presentation and negotiation skills.
9. Demonstrated strong leadership, team-building, and coaching skills.
10. Demonstrated strong interpersonal and customer service skills, and ability to create alliances and establish and
contribute to a high degree of teamwork and collaboration with diverse groups.
11. Demonstrated ability to understand and ethically navigate organizational dynamics and company culture so as to produce
business and project results by influencing key stakeholders. Demonstrated ability to challenge, influence, and persuade,
directing a group of stakeholders to the best decision.
CUNA Mutual Group’s insurance, retirement and investment products provide financial security and protection to credit unions and their members worldwide. As a dynamic and growing company, we strive to create a culture of performance, high standards and defined values.
Along with an excellent benefits package, our staff is engaged, rewarded for performance, and encouraged to grow professionally and personally. Our future is driven by our people, and our people are driven to deliver value through innovation, involvement and determination. If you want to be recognized for your results and empowered to reach your potential, we urge you to apply.
In return for your skills and contributions, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefit packages, significant professional growth, and the opportunity to win and be rewarded.
Experience Level: 5-8 years
Area of Interest(s): Information Technology, Project Management
Type of Job: Full Time
Job ID: SPK20132106-25637