The Business Analysts primary function will be to improve company work-flow, production, efficiency, and effectiveness by analyzing and documenting business processes, requirements, and specification. This individual will be responsible for effectively evaluating information/data to make technology decisions, as well as planning, initiating, and executing IT projects impacting the Operations team.
Daily/Position Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned):
- Partner with upper management to understand business processes and system needs.
- Draft systems specifications detailing the logic, configuration and security requirements to be implemented and perform supporting configuration steps.
- Manage requirement changes throughout a project and system life.
- Responsible for the testing of technology changes to ensure new products, enhancements, bug fixes, and patches meet documented requirements and/or have corrected identified problems without introducing other issues.
- Work closely with business partners to implement and integrate systems and enhancements.
- Assist in the development of training materials and end user communications.
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
- Assist with identifying new technologies available in the market to pilot and if viable, integrate into future service offerings.
- Must be able to effectively plan, initiate, and execute IT projects impacting the Operations team via solid project management skills
- Participation in “On call IT Rotation” is required (including nights and weekends).
The ideal candidate with have solid project management skills with the ability to plan, initiate, and execute IT projects impacting the Operations team.
Demonstrated experience with SQL Server, Microsoft Access and Excel is highly desirable. Candidate must have the ability to operate a motor vehicle and must be able to meet liability requirements outlined in Blount’s Fleet Safety policy.
- B.S. in a technical discipline or equivalent education and experience, along with prior experience in a food manufacturing environment preferred
- Five years previous manufacturing experience required, desirably food manufacturing
- Prior ERP experience required, Sage X3 experience strongly preferred
Medical, dental and vision benefits
401k with Company match and Profit Sharing Plan
Paid time off including vacation, personal time and holidays
Education Assistance Program
Life Insurance and Short Term Disability
Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations
Blount Fine Foods, Inc - 7 months ago
copy to clipboard -