Responsible for providing professional, strategic, analytical and technical assistance for the overall business strategy supporting core organizational functions, as well as business processes and systems.
Essential Job Functions
Collaborate with IT Business Relationship Managers, decision makers, systems owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and systems goals.
Review and analyze existing business processes and application systems in order to develop strategies for improvement. Identify and establish scope and parameters of systems analysis in order to define outcome criteria and measure-taking actions.
Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
Research and review information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, develop business process understanding, and work with customers to uncover unmet business needs.
Create systems models, specifications, requirements and diagrams to provide direction to system programmers.
Review and analyze testing of application system after modifications or updates. Coordinate in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems, and other post-implementation support.
Provide training for IT personnel and application system users to improve skills and maintain appropriate knowledge.
Provide quality control function for application systems in the collection and analysis of data. Report findings to management in order to update or improve functions and business practices.
Preferred Knowledge - Abilities & Skills
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 4 year college degree in Computer Technology, Management Information Systems, Management or related field of study
- 5 - 7 years experience in business analysis, application support, application development or systems architecture (SQL and/or Oracle preferred)
- Proficient knowledge of User Acceptance Testing (UAT) methodologies and documentation
- Basic knowledge of networking, PCs, servers and database systems
- Knowledge of requirements gathering techniques, creation of technical specifications, process mapping, system testing and deployment
- Proficient process knowledge with core business systems including CRM, ERP, work management, document management, collaboration, business intelligence and process automation
- Proficient understanding of application software systems from an end-user perspective
- Comprehensive writing and presentation skills
- Proficient skills in summarizing, negotiating and reiterating
Licenses & Certifications
Valid Class C Texas driver's license
Physical Tasks & Working Conditions
The incumbent works in a typical office environment; relatively free from unpleasant environmental conditions or hazards.
Minimum Education & Work Experience
4 year college degree
5 years related experience
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.