Information Technology Business Consultant
· Establishes and maintains relationships with key tactical leaders and business implementation leads. Uses deep business knowledge of multiple businesses or sub domains to drive engagement for major Information Technology (IT) initiatives. Influences overall IT and business planning; engages in strategic business planning where there is IT impact.
· Communicates tactical IT decisions and plans and works to achieve alignment with relevant areas of the business, function, or geography.
· Represents the needs of the business, function, or geography on an ongoing basis to maintain consistent plans between IT and the business.
· Identifies areas where the business, function, or geography can take advantage of standard IT solutions. Drives for adoption of standard solutions.
· Actively participates in IT projects to ensure that business, function, and geography “customers” are included appropriately and ensures that they receive sufficient and timely communications.
· Establishes IT processes which are consistent with overall organization objectives. Contributes to enterprise-wide solutions that impact multiple businesses, functions, and/or countries. Contributes in a significant way to major projects or critical business processes.
Education and Experience Required:
Typically a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience and a minimum of 10 years of related experience or a Master’s degree and a minimum of 8 years experience.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
Exceptional written and verbal skills. Strong business experience in multiple business sub-domains. Strong relationship management skills. Excellent project management and process development skills.
Critical Competencies to Drive Business Results:
Proactively provides value-added business advice
to achieve business goals
Business Execution and Performance Monitoring
Actively monitors business performance to ensure effectiveness, adjust strategy as required, and identify investment returns
Business, Financial and IT Controls
Demonstrates the ability to leverage company financial data, control activities, systems, and operational data to ensure quality of transactions
Information Management Acumen (IT)
Demonstrates fundamental understanding of information management systems and infrastructure
Organizational Interface Management
Actively bridges technical and business cultures and perspectives to promote cross-organizational collaboration
Technical Excellence Development
Recognizes the interrelationship of individual and organizational excellence, and their contribution to technical leadership
Technical Performance Optimization
Exercises personal authority and organizational leadership to establish and maintain employee excellence
Develops methods for supporting innovation and change across the organization
United States-District of Columbia-Washington
HP - 9 months ago
Hewlett-Packard Company, or HP, is an American multinational information technology corporation headquartered in Palo Alto, California, USA...