Washington DC Metro Area
ATS is seeking an IT Business Consultant to lead and participate in consulting engagements with clients in a variety of industries. The ideal candidate is someone who is interested in the business side of IT, with a background in systems design, development, and applications software. Typical engagements involve analyzing IT organizations, systems, operations, networks, and business processes.
Strong oral and written communication skills are critical to success in this position. You are expected to bring keen analytical skills and intellectual curiosity for helping clients achieve business results through smart use of IT.
Successful candidates will have experience consulting with one or more of our core client industries, preferably financial institutions. Understanding of cloud technologies and one or more functional areas of business systems are very important.
Typical engagements involve one or more of the following types of activities:
• Strategic planning with clients, including budgeting
• Defining business requirements
• Developing system concepts
• Analyzing cost data and developing cost analysis reports
• Analyzing application software products (SaaS or traditional) to develop recommended solutions
• Advising clients on IT strategy, operations, and infrastructure
• Supporting business development efforts for prospective clients
• Providing proposal support to our internal sales staff
• Working closely with our technical teams for successful client implementations, migrations, conversions, etc.
• Managing projects for IT transformation and systems implementation (e.g. ERP, accounting systems, membership systems)
Candidates Must Have:
• Attentive listening skills
• Strong critical thinking and analytical skills
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Strong customer service with a “can do” attitude
• Strong relationship building skills with staff at all levels, internal and at clients
• Ability to effectively proof read and edit documents, reports, presentations, proposals etc.
• Excellent presentation and facilitation skills
• Intellectual curiosity about how business works and can work better through IT
This position may occasionally involve some travel outside the Washington, DC area, but not often.
2 to 5 years of demonstrated experience advising clients on IT-related solutions, preferably for a consulting firm.
Masters of Business Administration (MBA) preferred
Bachelor degree is required
About American Technology Services:
ATS has been consistently recognized as a leader, serving clients across America and winning respectable industry awards such as the Inc. 500|5000, Talking Cloud, and MSPmentor. ATS provides end-to-end IT services, bringing together technology expertise and industry-specific solutions. Since inception in 1994, ATS has been committed to helping non-profit organizations, associations and professional services companies manage and enhance their IT operations through an array of comprehensive IT services including technology consulting, web design & development, network support, and hosting & cloud services.
ATS is a dynamic full service IT solutions firm that with a strong reputation for high quality services in four key areas:
• Network and infrastructure support
• Web site design and development
• Managed hosting services dynamic
• Information technology consulting
ATS offers you:
• A positive and collaborative work environment
• Small entrepreneur-type company culture
• “Big company” benefits
• Professional growth opportunities
• Training support and assistance programs to keep you and us up on new technologies
• Inspirational time for emerging technology research and development
• Encouragement to recommend new ideas for our clients and internal processes
What employees offer ATS:
• A positive attitude and solid work ethic
• High-quality performance
• Excellent customer service practices
• Ability to work creatively and stay abreast of the latest emerging technologies
• Ability to balance multiple projects and meet client deadlines
• Motivation to continue learning
• Willingness to mentor others and be mentored
Learn more about ATS and Apply Today at:
American Technology Services, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports a Drug-Free Work Environment.