The Business Consultant plays a critical role working with business teams and executives to help set direction for key large-scale initiatives as part of the annual systems planning process. An ongoing key responsibility is to lead and conduct analytical studies that investigate and recommend alternatives and solutions for high priority business issues that are frequently of strategic importance to the company.
As part of the IT Business Consulting team, you will also contribute to the development of the annual IT Systems Plan, which is a key corporate strategy document. The IT Systems Plan describes the company’s multi-year technology investment strategy, including the budgets, projects and studies that will be conducted each year.
As a Business Consultant, you will deliver innovative consulting methodologies, business process design, and strategic problem solving expertise to work with business unit leaders and IT technology departments to identify business needs and conceptualize and rationalize solutions. Projects may include feasibility analysis, business process assessments, gap analysis, business requirements definition, cost-benefit analysis, industry best practice research, business software evaluation and selection, and executive level presentations. Studies also involve interaction with potential vendors, including conducting Requests for Information ( RFI) and Requests for Proposal ( RFP), coordinating and setting up product demonstrations and proofs of concept, and negotiating pricing and other contract terms.
• At least 5 years of solid business analysis and consulting experience.
• Demonstrated business consulting methodology experience, including building business cases, developing return on investment models, and performing formalized software package searches.
• Process modeling and process re-engineering experience required.
• Strong project management, analytical, problem solving and quantitative capabilities.
• Demonstrated facilitation skills including experience gathering and documenting business requirements.
• Experience working in the latest industry technologies.
• Bachelor degree or higher required.
• Excellent people management and negotiating skills. Ability to quickly adapt to change.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills, including preparing and conducting executive level presentations. Candidate must demonstrate an aptitude for communicating with both the technical and business unit staff at all levels and executives.
• Advanced Experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is required. Visio experience is a plus.
• Retail industry experience preferred. Consulting exposure to supply chain and distribution systems is a plus but not required.
Sterling Jewelers Inc. - 18 months ago