This outstanding opportunity is based in Carestream Dental’s global headquarters in Atlanta, GA. The IT Business Relationship Manager within the Information Technology Organization is responsible for driving the creation of a strategic vision utilizing creative business and IT solutions that enable Carestream to achieve its business objectives. This position reports to the Director, IT Relationship Management and is a key member of the Carestream Dental Senior Leadership Team.
The ability to drive change and be part of a great company is offered to candidates that seek career challenge. The breadth and depth of Carestream’s global business provides vast opportunities for understanding the health industry, new IT technologies, great job content, career development and professional growth. Candidates that can and desire to contribute to the success of a world-class business should give this position strong consideration.
• Strategy Development (10 - 30% of time)
• Partner with senior business leaders including Business Unit Presidents and their teams to deeply understand strategic and tactical business objectives.
• Work with IT Leadership to create and implement business strategies that leverage and integrate IT strategy of architecture, infrastructure, and application development of existing and new technology to achieve business objectives.
• Needs Analysis \ Assessment (30 - 50% of time)
• Work with business clients to define current and desired future state operating models and business capability roadmaps.
• Work with the business to define business value associated with desired IT project. Define quantifiable and qualitative measurements of success.
• Lead development of financial models indicating the investment required and estimated benefits.
• Advocate and lead business process focus. Support those in the utilizing various tools such as mapping, modeling, workflow analysis, gap analysis, use cases, and blue printing.
• Align business unit and corporate needs and the impact on business processes to establish strategic priorities.
• Define requirements required to achieve business objectives.
• Initiate improvement project/initiative based on defined requirements and business value proposition.
• Support new commercial activities that leverage IT services to our customers.
• Represent business needs in the identification and prioritization of IT performance improvement opportunities.
• Authors Charters for proposed projects.
• Conduct competitive analysis and benchmarking of candidate technology solutions.
• Execution (10 - 50% of time)
• Through participation in Governance committees, ensure overall execution of the project portfolios and capability roadmap realization, and measure the quality and business value of IT investments to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Point of escalation in the event services are not meeting expected outcomes.
• Communications (10% of Time)
• Establish and maintain effective communication and engagement with appropriate executives and managers to ensure that proper information technology needs are met including the management of client expectations.
• Lead execution of IT Business Governance Structure for the assigned units.
Initially, the expectation is that this position’s time allocation will be primarily assisting with execution. Over time, the position is targeted to be more strategic.
General Qualifications / Skills
• Education: Minimum BS in Computer Information Systems, Business or related discipline. PMP certification a plus. MBA, Six-Sigma or related certifications a plus.
• Experience: 10+ years of related IT and/ or consulting experience managing complex IT projects in medium to large size matrix corporate environments. Background working with global virtual teams highly desired. Strong consultative/client facing skills required; business development background a plus.
• Technology: broad understanding of Information Technology platforms and processes including demonstrated knowledge of CRM and one ERP solution (preferably SAP).
• Strategic Management: proven ability to develop and communicate an IT strategy incorporating multiple methods of documenting and presenting strategy to the supporting business.
• Financial Management: understands and has prepared quantitative business cases (cost & benefits) supporting IT initiatives including what-if scenarios, probabilistic confidence levels, and risk analysis. Experience preparing and presenting quantitative business cases (i.e. cost and benefits analysis) supporting IT initiatives a plus.
• Business Acumen: possesses a refined and mature ability to work with and understand business needs via conversation and interaction with all levels within the company including:
• Strong analytical and quantitative competencies.
• Gathers and analyzes relevant information systematically.
• Understands complex concepts and the relationships between issues or problems.
• Possesses intellectual agility; readily accepts the challenges of unfamiliar tasks.
• Speaks and writes clearly and effectively even when relating complex information. Expresses ideas in a concise and organized manner.
• Is customer-oriented; focused; a team player; detailed; flexible; assertive; persuasive; high initiative/energy; enthusiastic; tenacious; accountable; high integrity; and inspires others to follow.
• Actively pursues growth and developmental opportunities; continuously finds ways to improve.
• Business Process and Systems Analysis: proven skills at performing business problem analysis, process modeling and mapping, workflow analysis, use cases, blue printing, system design methods, and other useful techniques aimed at business understanding.
• Results Orientation: strong bias for action and the achievement of tangible results.
• Continuous Improvement: demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions to improve business performance.
• Team: has effectively led global teams to deliver results. Ability to plan, organize, build, facilitate, mold and motivate individuals into teams that execute is required.
Required Knowledge – Broad Business Knowledge Particularly in Life Sciences, Technology and/or Manufacturing Industries. Requires some knowledge of the following functional areas and technologies that support these functions:
• Sales, Service, & Marketing
• Lead to Order
• Order to Cash
• Customer Support including call center and web channels
• Manufacturing – particularly discrete manufacturing
• Product Development
• Supply Chain and Logistics
• Product Service
Carestream Health is a dynamic global company with over 100 years of leadership in radiology and healthcare IT. Headquartered in Rochester, NY, Carestream has over 7000 employees operating in 150 countries. Our customers range from large enterprises to small private practices, including: large health systems, hospitals, imaging centers, medical groups and dental practices. For more information, visit www.carestream.
Headquartered in Atlanta, GA, Carestream Dental is an industry-leading provider of dental equipment such as imaging systems and practice management solutions for dental and oral health professionals across the globe.
Carestream is an Equal Opportunity Employer