Main Purpose of the Role
The IT Business Systems Analyst – Planning & Sales position is primarily responsible for supporting the Virgin America business unit that is responsible for bringing revenue into the company. This support includes business process definition and enhancement, specification and implementation of new technologies, and support for day-to-day work activities.
Main Areas of Responsibility
· Support the specification, implementation and deployment of business applications, both commercial and custom-built, to the Planning & Sales business function, including:
o Revenue Management applications
o Planning and Scheduling applications
o Third party applications supplied by GSD & OTA providers
o Transactional reporting, executive dashboards and other reporting needs
o Ensuring compliance with DOT and FAA requirements
· Work with implementation partners, hosting vendors and internal IT resources to deliver IT services to the Virgin America business in a timely and cost effective manner.
· Focus on enhancing the efficiency of business operations through the effective implementation of technology solutions.
· Ensure system selection, development activities and new requirements are in sync with IT standards, policies and processes.
· Support the development and deployment of IT governance practices, as they relate to the Planning & Sales organization.
Professional Experience Required
· Five to ten years experience in a business analysis / project management role.
· Previous airline industry experience and knowledge of GDS and OTA applications is a plus.
· Previous experience with commercial enterprise reporting tools
· Business Objects, Cognos, and others as well as open source reporting tools.
· Previous experience working with diverse, geographically distributed functional and technical teams
Skills & Abilities Required
· Highly motivated, self-starter with the ability to use sound judgment when working with team members.
· Strong interpersonal, communication (both written and oral) and time management skills.
· Able to work with multiple project and work streams concurrently, with an ability to deliver work products on time and within budget.
· Hands-on experience with self-service reporting tools such as Business Objects, Crystal Reports, etc.
Job Requirements (e.g., travel, must be able to lift 50 pounds, etc.)
· Occasional travel to Virgin America airport locations.
Professional Certifications and Education Required
· Bachelors Degree in Computer Science / Management Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
Virgin America - 22 months ago
An offspring of Sir Richard Branson's Virgin Group, Virgin America took flight just as high fuel prices and a recession rocked the...