- Work closely with Allison IS&S Department to provide purchasing support for all Allison IT requirements
- Adheres to unit and Corporate purchasing policies and procedures
- Negotiate with suppliers and prepare recommendation forms
- Negotiates terms and conditions in coordination with legal and business owner
- Ensure the suppliers remain in the best in Q, S, T, & P throughout the life of the contract
- Issue nomination/ contracts-ensure that the proper people receive copies
- Negotiate Master Service Agreement/Terms and Conditions
- Work with Allison legal to prepare purchase contracts
- Prepare and maintain yearly business plan
- Prepare and maintain yearly business savings goals
- Communicate to suppliers, ATI supplier quality requirements/expectations.
- Develop an in-depth product and process knowledge base about the commodity and supplier base including thorough understanding of the entire value added chain and cost drivers through suppliers workshops/advance discovery days, plant visits, technical reviews, international contracts, benchmarking activity, etc.
- Develop commodity, system and source strategies for office in coordination with IS&S department
- Attend IS&S staff meetings and promote purchasing policy
- Accelerate the evaluation and implementation of new technology and viable low cost alternatives
- Guard against restrictive requirements that constrain supplier alternatives, low cost solutions and innovation
- Quote alternative designs, solutions and suppliers
- Negotiate and leverage lifetime/long term agreements
- Initiate/participate in supplier assessment visits with IS&S department
- Bachelor's Degree with C.P.M. certification.
- 5 Years Procurement experience, focused on IT purchasing and Indirect procurement commodities.
- Past experience with Information Technology purchases
- Past experience with Indirect Commodities
- Relatively high level of analytical ability to solve problems
- Knowledge of commodities, materials and products being purchased
- Oral and written communication skills
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others
- Knowledge of Corporate and unit purchasing practices and procedures
- Past experience with SAP as used in procurement
IT Purchases Experience:
- Information Technology training such as that acquired in the first two years of college, technical or business school.
- Past Indirect Commodity experience
- Computers, workstations, printers, plotters, scanners, servers, cable etc.
- ReSellers (CDW and SARCOM)
- Microsoft, SAP, Oracle, Sun, Unigraphics, Siebel, BEA, Maximo, Microstrategy, Sharepoint, etc.
- Phone Services
- Calling Cards
- Conference Lines
- Global Service Contracts - Application Development/Maintenance
Allison Transmission, Inc. - 2 years ago