The Riverside County Information Technology (RCIT) Department is currently seeking an IT Communications Technician II for their Radio-Microwave Division, located in Blythe.
There are four levels (I, II, III, and Supervising) within the IT Communications Technician class series, each distinguished by its assigned role, skill and experience level and the amount of training and supervision required for successful performance.
The IT Communications Technician II is a separately allocated journey-level class. Positions allocated at this level require incumbents to be competent in most, if not all, class concept competencies. IT Communications Technician II incumbents are expected to work independently, requiring little supervision.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Installs, repairs, tests, and services microwave communications equipment and associated electronic devices.
- Assists or makes pre-installation surveys on new microwave equipment and hops.
- Assists in training new technical personnel.
- Maintains and performs routine operational tests on County microwave network, emergency power plant equipment, and other general associated site environmental equipment.
- Assists in the instruction of personnel using the microwave system, and in the planning, development, and construction of new communications and microwave systems.
- Assists in designing and conducting reliability studies on the microwave network and associated equipment.
- Makes precision test measurements on microwave and multiplexing equipment.
- Operates and monitors microwave, multiplex, and alarm reporting devices.
- Must prepare reports of system outages/malfunctions/usage and document all work performed.
- Serve in a rotating standby schedule and other work as assigned.
Education: High school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate.
Experience: Minimum of four years experience in microwave equipment repair or maintenance.
A valid California Driver's License Class C is required.
Ability to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
Ability to walk on mountain terrain.
Ability to operate a four-wheel drive vehicle on rough roads.
Formal training in microwave technology either from an accredited institution or from military training. Knowledge of Alcatel MDR-8000 Microwave Radio, TSM-8000 alarm system, NEC RC28D digital multiplexer and ND4E digital channel bank. T-1 and T-3 acceptance testing and troubleshooting.
Interested candidates please submit your resume with IT Communications Technician II in the subject line to HRAdminTeam@RC-HR.com. Resumes must be submitted as a MS Word document.
***Our Retirement Formula has changed. All new employees hired on or after August 23, 2012 will pay retirement contributions into Public Employee's Retirement System (PERS) equal to 7% of salary. Retirement formula is 2% @ 60. Retirement amount is based on the highest 36 month period earning level to determine the retirement benefit amount. ***
County of Riverside - 19 months ago