The IT CRM Business Relationship Manager (BRM) is the connection among the IT department and the business units IT serves. The primary goal for this position is to ensure that both business and IT are delivering the most effective solutions. S/He is charged with establishing trusted and a strategic working relationship among the business units and IT to deliver technology value for the company. This includes establishing business objectives and system alignment, maintaining strategies, and providing roadmaps for each business process & capability. In addition, the BRM identifies dependencies and opportunities for delivery of integrated systems, cost avoidance through existing portfolio or external solutions, and partners with other BRMs, Business Process Owners and Subject Matter Experts to ensure cross-functional system optimization.
The role involves leadership through facilitation such as identifying and leading the adoption of new technology-based solutions by business users. The business relationship manager also has strong communications skills; keeping the business informed of critical information regarding their systems.
Duties/Essential Job Functions (E)
Education: BS in Computer Science with equivalent experience
- Interface with manager recommending improvements, efficiencies and effective system solutions
- Prepares status and reports for the governance committee
- Is a business consultant who recommends process improvements, system solutions and assists with business cases
- Communicates regularly with internal and external customers in order to ensure the delivery of high quality systems and application documentation
- Mentor and train employees to utilize systems; set standards and objectives for teamâ€™s work performance
- Manages Domain projects, tracks project milestones, issues and deliverables
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Assists run team in managing all phases of systems development including development planning, requirements analysis, input to database design, testing, implementation, and documentation of applications. Prepares and turns over project for Run Mode.
- Understands the role of the department in the overall corporate strategy and planning and set objectives that are aligned with this role
- Configures and customizes SAP when needed for the respective supported domain
- Works as liaison between departments to support IT project completion and to meet business needs
- Identifies gaps in core competencies and effectively uses development strategies to build needed business and application knowledge, skills, and abilities within the group
- Seeks and takes advantage of opportunities to expand knowledge of departmental operations beyond normal requirements or expectations
- Identifies and acts upon opportunities to improve communications at all levels and in all directions
- Displays an excellent ability to facilitate cross-functional communication including the ability to identify and resolve conflict
- Solicits feedback and evaluates and monitors client or customer satisfaction to improve the quality of services
- Spends some time developing domain skills, attending industry seminars, and networking with other SAP experts.
- Understands system validation and documentation in a regulatory environment
Experience: 5-7 years in information technology to include experience with SAP ERP, CRM, Sales & Distribution, 3-5 years project management with team management/supervisory experience. CPG experience a must, spirits and wine CPG a Big plus. Sap Module SD required.
Knowledge: Excellent leadership skills, analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills. Ability to assess and document business benefits to be derived from information and telecommunication technologies. Strong skills in CRM, Sales & Distribution, project management, particularly in SAP modules, and good business acumen. Experience with evaluating business system skills, and process decomposition.