Spread Your Wings
We are the duck. We inspire and are inspired, listen and respond, empower our people, give back to our community, and most importantly, celebrate every success along the way. We do it all ... The Aflac Way.
Aflac, a Fortune 500 company, is an industry leader in voluntary insurance products that pay cash directly to policyholders and one of America's best known brands. Aflac has been recognized by Fortune magazine as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in America for the fourteenth consecutive year in January 2012 and as one of America's Most Admired Companies for the eleventh year in March 2012.
It’s not what you can do; it’s what you will do. At Aflac IT, we get things done. As the support behind Aflac’s corporate operations, sales force, and business partners, Aflac IT employees not only benefit from this philosophy, but help carry it out. Just as Aflac has changed the insurance industry, Aflac IT will forever alter the way health care benefits reach people who need them most. And that’s something we can all be proud of.
IT Capacity Planner
Establishes and manages the enterprise systems capacity management program to ensure reliability and availability of enterprise systems to meet business needs
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Works on multiple projects/assignments at the same time as a member of each project team, often as a project leader; works on projects/assignments that are often complex, have systemwide impact, and integrate across the organization; participates in projects that require significant knowledge and skill in multiple technical environments and disciplines
- Monitors system performance; proactively makes tuning recommendations to avoid performance problems; assists in the formulation of business requirements, technology solutions, and directions for capacity planning
- Develops, recommends, and implements planning tools used for system, application, and network capacity planning
- Provides technical consulting on highly complex issues surrounding the use of the organization’s infrastructure and the capacity impact on the integration of application systems into the infrastructure
- Designs and participates in modifications relating to system capacity and performance; ensures that space requirements are trended and reported across multi-platforms and large environment, and that proper recommendations are made for growth
- Mentors less experienced team members; manages workload assignment and other management-related issues when manager is not available
- Provides support to clients experiencing problems with system or component capacity and performance, to include forecasting and budget impact analysis
- Assists in the creation and maintenance of disaster recovery plans and procedures; develops, implements, and maintains a useful management reporting system for data center and production services in regard to capacity utilization, trending, and forecasting
- Maintains a current understanding of systems software and IT architecture, products, services, processes, and methodologies; provides statistical availability, trend analysis, and recommendations to management for present and future capacity needs
- Performs other related duties as required
Education & Experience
- Associate’s degree in computer science, information systems, or a related field and two years of work-related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Help Desk Professional certification or Microsoft MCP (preferred)
- Working knowledge of basic to semi-complex hardware and software products, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of the latest technologies obtained by attending training and conferences
- Excellent bilingual comprehension skills; bilingual writing and grammar skills, and ability to translate from Spanish to English and English to Spanish (for bilingual positions)
Action Oriented, Adaptability, Customer Service, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust, Listening
Aflac is known for treating our employees exceptionally well. As one of the leaders in the insurance industry, we’re able to offer one of the most comprehensive health benefits packages available in corporate America, including free coverage from one of our pioneering insurance products, the Aflac Cancer policy. Our employees also enjoy a host of other benefits, including advancement opportunities, opportunities for continued education and professional development, merit increases and performance bonuses, profit-sharing 401(k), pension, stock purchase plans, and many more.
Aflac - 16 months ago
Would you buy insurance from a duck? Aflac counts on it! To soften the financial stresses during periods of disability or illness, Aflac...