At Illumina, we apply innovative technologies for studying genetic variation and function, making studies possible that were not even imaginable just a few years ago. These revolutionary tools for DNA, RNA, and protein analysis are enabling rapid advances in disease research, drug development, and the development of molecular tests in the clinic.
We run BaseSpace (https://basespace.illumina.com), the first Cloud platform to be directly integrated in to the industry’s leading sequencing platforms. Illumina's BaseSpace platform leverages the scalability and flexibility of the Cloud to help researchers to easily run leading-edge bioinformatics tools on their data.
IT Cloud Architect
Illumina has a need for an IT Cloud Architect to establish a best-practices approach to building Cloud infrastructures and services internally. This person will work across multiple organizations to facilitate the development of architecture, processes and roadmaps. Operating principles and will be imbedded in close, continuous collaboration with the BaseSpace Development team. You will bring the experience of architecting, building, deploying and managing fault-tolerant, 24/7, web-scale applications to help BaseSpace grow and develop into an auto-scaling, self-monitoring, self-tuning and cost effective platform.
• Responsible for the overall day to day operations of managing Cloud Services including monitoring, incident resolution, problem management, configuration and change management, security management and monitoring, capacity planning, availability management, and routine update of services
• Work with various product architects, developers, product managers, and customer application experts to arrive at an architectural recommendation
• Create blueprints for internal cloud infrastructures (network, server, storage, and management software topologies)
• Technology expert offering comprehensive solutions and architecture in building technical requirements for Cloud solutions
• Develop and use automation tools surrounding monitoring, performance, security, and capacity planning
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline
• 10+ years’ experience in large-scale, multi-platform networks
• Experience with Amazon AWS (EC2/S3/CloudFormation/IAM) or other Cloud service providers
• Expert knowledge of Linux and Windows with significant experience designing, installing, and administrating virtualized environments
• Thorough knowledge of web systems architecture and distributed systems
• Strong scripting skills (Java, Ruby, Python, or Bash preferred)
• Experience with systems deployment and service management automation tools and methodologies
• Deep understanding of load balancing and scalability techniques
• Solid understanding of complex IT systems and software with a consistent knowledge of evolving and emerging technologies
• Domain knowledge in resilience engineering and leader on fault-tolerant, highly-available systems
Desired Additional Skills
• Experienced in working within an Agile/Scrum methodology
• Experience developing real-time monitoring solutions MySQL or NoSQL
• Knowledgeable in Cloud Security and Risk Assessment in a multi-tenant platform
• Experience of OpenStack
• Knowledge of Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins, Hudson, CruiseControl, Electric Commander)
• Knowledge of systems automation and provisioning frameworks (AWS Opsworks, Chef, Puppet, Cfengine, Babushka, Knife, Mcollective, Func, Kickstart, PXE)
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. We provide innovative sequencing and array-based solutions for genotyping, copy number variation analysis, methylation studies, gene expression profiling, and low-multiplex analysis of DNA, RNA, and protein. We also provide tools and services that are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paying the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
Illumina, Inc. - 13 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...