For more than 130 years, the Chubb Group of Insurance Companies has been delivering exceptional property and casualty insurance products and services to businesses and individuals around the world.
Today, we are the 12th largest property and casualty insurer in the United States and have a worldwide network of some 120 offices in 26 countries staffed by 10,200 employees. The Chubb Corporation reported $50.4 billion in assets and $13.9 billion in revenues in 2013. According to Fortune magazine, Chubb is the 202nd largest U.S.-based corporation.
The IT Communications Specialist is responsible for building, executing and advancing the IT communications strategy, including developing fully integrated, consistent, and innovative communications that provide important messaging, IT technical and industry news to key internal and external stakeholders, employees and the organization.
The Communications Specialist reports to the SVP of Strategy & Operations and works with the IT senior leadership team and Strategy & Operations area to develop all communications in support of the overall IT strategy, key initiatives, programs, projects and serves as the editor and chief for all IT communications.
The IT Communications Specialist role also works closely and interacts with the senior IT leadership team regularly to understand and anticipate communication objectives and needs related to the marketing and branding of IT products and services, industry news and updates, and identification of issues and needs requiring communication to key business stakeholders.
- Provide input to IT leadership on all aspects of communication projects or projects with a communication component
- Provide input on all aspects of information technology communication affecting business units, Chubb IT, or other areas of Chubb
- Refine the communication approach and strategy for increased effectiveness and consistency
- Incorporate marketing and communication industry best practices into the Chubb strategy
- Build and execute upon the IT communications strategy for all initiatives, programs and projects
- Design and develop new and innovative communication approaches in support of the overall IT strategy, including social media and other platforms to extend the IT image and brand within Chubb
- Develop storyboards, presentations, decks, brochures, e-mail communications and other business materials for business senior leadership for internal and external events and meetings, including but not limited to, executive briefings, conferences, conference calls, podcasts, and webcasts
- Assess, plan, identify, and capture critical content, feedback and communication requirements in order to recommend and facilitate the appropriate communication strategy and approach
- Identify opportunities and act as a communication project manager on all IT projects with a communication component
- Develop, track and analyze communications metrics to assess effectiveness of IT communications strategies, programs and processes and provide updates and recommendations to senior leadership team as appropriate.
- Provide communication leadership and advice to the Strategy & Operations team and other IT functional stakeholders
- Stay abreast of advancements and thought leadership in the marketing and communication industries—incorporating them into the Chubb IT approach as necessary
- Retool and continually upgrade personal skills and knowledge of both Chubb’s business and cutting edge information technology communication solutions
• 3 – 4 years of prior relevant marketing and/or communications experience
• Strong communication, writing, presentation and facilitation skills, including demonstrated ability to develop and deliver on creative and innovative communication approaches
• Superior knowledge and demonstrated ability to use Microsoft Office, editing and design tools, social media platforms and best practices, and integrate various technologies as necessary
• Strong project management skills including ability to independently deliver content under tight deadlines
• Ability to analyze and synthesize data to make recommendations
• Ability to consult with and facilitate IT and business unit teams
• Ability to accept and lead all communication change initiatives throughout the IT organization
• Ability to influence others
At Chubb we are totally committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to race, sex, color, religion, age, national origin, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work. If you require an accommodation during the hiring process or upon hire, please inform your Chubb Recruiter.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories are not automatically disqualified from employment. Factors such as job-relatedness of the conviction, age and time of occurrence, and the seriousness and nature of the circumstances will be considered.