(Briefly summarize why this position exists; discuss the key role or function this position serves to the company.)
Support the technical needs of internal customers by providing high quality, second-level technical support. The CSA is responsible for leading IT project initiatives, identifying, analyzing, diagnosing, and isolating advanced technical issues pertaining to hardware, software, network, telecom, mobile devices, peripherals and other technologies utilized by the Taubman user community. The CSA is also required to provide backup telephone support, accurate documentation of incidents, resolutions and inventory changes; for making technical reference knowledge base entries into the Service Desk Management software, and for escalating issues to Level III technicians when necessary. CSA job functions include participation in the preparation of procedural manuals, research and development of new technologies, creation and maintenance of technical training material, and providing customized training to internal customers when necessary.
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities (Please list the functions/responsibilities required to perform this job.)
Service Desk – Level II
- Provide timely and effective advanced technical support to internal customers by assuming second-level (i.e., Project, Desk Side, Remote, Research) Service Desk coverage according to scheduled shifts
- Ensure high quality customer service through efficient utilization of various Service Desk management tools (Software Service Management Tools, Knowledge Base, and Remote Control), while competently demonstrating the ability to identify the issue, determine the cause, identify the resolution and implement the solution
- Apply solid troubleshooting techniques to resolve advanced IT issues onsite and remotely
- Act as a technical lead on project assignments, outlining project objectives, timelines, resource needs and implementation processes
- Resolve issues on first contact when possible, escalate to a Level III technician if necessary and accurately log all transactions in the Service Desk tracking system.
- Contribute to a positive and cohesive team (share the knowledge) by updating or adding to current policies/procedures or knowledge base articles, with any new technologies or procedures (R&D results, new resolutions, changes to current process, technical references) to ensure that all relevant data collected is available to the entire department.
- Review all tickets entered to ensure they are complete, accurate, detailed and relevant. All ticket descriptions and resolutions are appropriate for end users to view.
- Support a unified team front and standardized support experience to the end user by referring to, and abiding by, IT policies, procedures and knowledge base articles.
- Conduct a thorough quality check on each new device prior to deployment, according to defined procedures, to ensure that quality measures are met and all asset information is properly logged and tracked
- Complete warranty services, exchanges, miscellaneous hardware replacements and upgrades within the predefined guidelines
- Research and recommend new hardware technologies that promote end user productivity, efficiency and cost savings
Research & Development
- Promote the effective use of technology to enhance individual productivity, and promote process improvement by continuously evaluating and testing new technology (i.e., Service Desk tools, software, solutions, hardware products, etc.). When applicable, submit a business case for improvement recommendations within the organization to Service Desk leadership.
- Keep technological skills and competencies current by attending courses, reading publications and obtaining relative certifications.
Support Publications and Training
- Promote end user productivity by publishing precise, comprehensive and accessible technical training media (Portal Tips & Tricks, Tutorials, Handouts, Website references).
- Ensure consistent customer service and system stability by documenting and adhering to current and/or new internal department processes and procedures.
- Conduct training sessions for standard software/hardware as needed.
- Support IT initiatives by exercising exemplary project management skills on all assigned special projects (including but not limited to, rollout of computer hardware/operating system upgrades/software upgrades), while maintaining primary Service Desk responsibilities.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Specify any functional, technical or industry-related knowledge, skills or abilities for this position.)
- Strong IT project management skills
- Exemplary technical skills
- Strong diagnostic and problem solving abilities
- Ability to mentor and train others effectively
- Ability to lead and motivate teams of individuals to accomplish defined project goals and objectives
- Strong time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Must act with professionalism and diplomacy
- Demonstrates solid decision making skills
- Ability to effectively deal with all levels of employees
- Strong ethics, integrity and a high level of confidentiality is required
- Must be detail oriented, proactive and take initiative
- Ability to handle conflict effectively
- Ability to work effectively both in a team environment and as an individual contributor
- Proficient in the following: Microsoft Office products, Operating systems, Ancillary Software Applications
Experience and Training
Experience (Specify minimum work experience(s) required to perform at a fully proficient level in this position – indicate such factors as number of years, breadth of experience, work environment, industry, function, or management-related experiences where applicable.)
Education/Vocational Training (Specify typical educational and/or vocational requirements for this position e.g., areas of specialty, degrees/ certifications/licenses.)
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years of technical experience in troubleshooting and supporting a Microsoft Office & Windows environment is required.
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of strong customer service experience is required.
- Experience in the following is preferred:
- IT Technical Service and Support
- Use of Service Desk management software
- Knowledgebase management
- Mobile administration and support
- Understanding of LAN/WANs and TCP/IP protocols
- Providing support for LAN based workstations, printers, and other hardware
- Remote trouble shooting programs and procedures
- Technical writing experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems or a related field required, or equivalent education and experience
- Network+, A+, and/or current Microsoft certifications (MCDST; MCT) is preferred
Essential Physical Requirements/Working Environment (Please list the physical/environmental requirements associated with this position.)
- Ability to use a computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time
- Ability to handle documents and files
- Ability to work well independently and to act as a team lead.
- Must be able to work under short-term deadlines and work under stress.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 30 pounds (e.g. desktop PC, monitor, and printer).
- Willingness to work overtime and/or odd hours to service customer needs and complete projects.
- Must be able to travel occasionally as required for project assignments, training and/or seminars
Taubman Online - 8 months ago