Johns Manville (JM), A Berkshire Hathaway Company, is currently looking for an IT Plant Coordinator for our Etowah, TN location. The Etowah, TN plant houses two major furnaces and two glass mat lines. Molten glass is produced on both furnaces and converted to a continuous filament fiber. The fiber is chopped to a prescribed length and then used in various processes in the building industry.
The primary purpose of the IT coordinator is to provide IT project and operational support for the plant. This role is responsible for plant system support and implementation and first and second level technical support for all plant support calls.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide 24/7 support for plant Production, Inventory, Shipping and Quality Management software and the hardware they run on.
Train plant personnel on existing and new software/hardware.
Printer, Network, Mobile Device and Computer troubleshooting and repairs
Liaison to Denver ITD; responding for Network, Computer, and Backup systems requests
Perform Systems checks on Plant legacy systems
Work with plant personnel from all departments on a daily basis to solve various computer problems.
Problems can include but not limited to:
Interacting with Engineering department on:
- Computer, Printer and Network problems
- User accounts
- Design and create customized data reporting and analysis for plant level systems
- End of Month Reports for non-automated processes.
- Maintain up to date computer and network system records
- Respond to after-hours calls/problems
Involved with annual physical inventory
- Data Historian
- Involved with End of Month Reports for those non-automated reporting systems
Knowledge and Skills:
This position is capable of handling both complex desktop and basic network troubleshooting. This person organizes the work of cabling contractors at the plant and may manage small projects in the plants.
- 3-5 years network and hardware support experience
- Hardware maintenance and upgrading
- Telephone switch knowledge/implementation
- Self-Directed, Personally Motivated
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Understanding of Single Manufacturing Facility, Multiple Lines/Markets
- Able to work/partner with Plant Management Team
- Desktop and Windows Operating system
- Windows Server
- LAN Switching & Cabling
- Wireless Networking
- Process Control Systems
- Access Programs and other Office Suite scripts
- Interpersonal skills
- Written/Verbal communications
- Problem Solving abilities
- Ability to work independently
- SAP Infrastructure
- Inventory management concepts
JM has a long history of sustainable efforts and strives to continually improve our sustainability practices through a focus on innovation, productivity and leadership that ensures we meet the needs of current stakeholders without sacrificing the needs of future generations. For additional information please read our
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing
Johns Manville - 2 years ago
Johns Manville (JM), a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a leading manufacturer and marketer of premium-quality insulation and commercial...