This position provides technical and analytical support to SNC Cyber Security efforts. This person will proactively monitor and review specified network- and host-based threat detection mechanisms, escalate potential intrusion attempts and occurrences for management review and direction, perform and facilitate in-depth technical examination of suspect software and IT exploits where appropriate, and play a central role in execution of remediation strategies as needed.
Additionally, participate in a variety of IT security tasks and projects including technical protection testing and implementation, malware detection and analysis, forensic acquisition, and classified spill mitigation.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Perform regular and reliable analysis of specified logging, intrusion detection, and malware scanning reports and raw-outputs, escalating potential business threats.
- Under direction and per procedures, perform required tasks and coordinate with IT team members and business personnel to rapidly isolate, contain, and remediate IT system intrusions.
- As directed, assist in administration of threat detection systems.
- Participate in market reviews and product evaluation of tools to enhance SNC’s security posture against existing and emerging threats.
- As prioritized by management, perform testing and assist with implementation of measures to decrease user rights risk profiles while maintaining productivity.
- As directed, draft written guides and process reference materials to assist IT team members meet policy and procedural requirements.
- Support data remediation efforts through implementation of Security/IT plans and directions.
- As directed, perform forensic acquisition for analysis by designated individuals.
- Rotational on-call availability for critical incident response
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BS in IT or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience supporting, troubleshooting, and administering a variety of networks, OSs, and applications.
- 3 years experience relating to computer security.
- Strong knowledge and experience administering a variety of current Microsoft platforms.
- Ability to effectively execute multiple, complex tasks.
- Ability to read and interpret security and technical documentation.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of maintaining confidentiality of high-sensitivity projects and data.
- Ability to perform IT critical-incident response.
- Ability to gain and maintain a security clearance as required.
- Current knowledge base of SNC technical standards including email, collaboration tools, mobile management, networking, and antivirus solutions.
- Working knowledge of current commercial IT hardware solutions.
- Experience in Linux, bash, scripting
- Experience performing forensic acquisition and basic analysis.
- Certifications in security, networking, and operating systems.
Sierra Nevada Corporation - 4 months ago