As a member of the BITS development staff, this position is responsible for creating specifications, coding, debugging and testing software applications from those or other specifications. Additional responsibilities include the maintenance of those applications and installation and testing of software releases. In this position, the incumbent will gain an understanding of business processes and procedures at HealthNow. The incumbent will help the Corporation use information systems to gain a competitive advantage and may act in a limited project leadership role. This position supports the State LOB's, mostly Medicaid Managed Care, aslo will assist in supporting the enrollment for medicare advantage. Requires C#, C++ and SQL background along with systems analysis and design background.
Primary Job Duties:
Bachelors or Associates Degree
- Code, document, test, debug, maintain and implement programs from provided specifications.
- Create detailed design specifications which may be assigned to other resources.
- Respond to emergency maintenance situations based upon application knowledge.
- Provide timely and accurate estimates for newly proposed functionality/enhancements.
- Act as mentor to other team resources.
- Learn and apply BITS development standards, methodologies, compliance and Quality Assurance practices.
- Possess a working knowledge of BITS tools, technologies and programming languages.
- Provide satisfactory documentation for all completed work assignments.
- Actively participate and contribute in meetings. Lead team meetings as requested.
- Perform new product evaluations and make recommendations to business and technology committees.
- Perform administrative duties such as status reports and time reporting.
- Perform special duties & assignments within scope of expected skills and experience.
- Perform program analysis & design for own work assignments as needed.
- Gain an understanding of business processes and procedures and prepare limited user-level documentation.
- Perform limited training of other business and BITS team resources.
- Provide feedback on technical competencies of other team members.
- Perform requirements gathering and project management tasks as required for smaller projects.
- Assist with the gathering of information as it pertains to the technical requirements of the application design.
- Limited user interaction such as reviewing test results and specifications.
- Coordinate limited vendor contact to resolve problems and answer business questions.
- Act in a limited project leadership capacity.
Information Systems or related field preferred. 3-5 years professional Information System experience. Experience supporting Medicaid/medicare. Requires C#, C++ and SQL background along with systems analysis and design background
- Demonstrated information technology concept knowledge.
- Working knowledge of programming languages and tools.
- Demonstrated programming skills.
- Self-motivated, detail oriented multi-tasker able to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with supervision.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and/or problem solving skills are a must.
- Effective oral and written communication skills are necessary to meet team collaboration and programming documentation standards.
- Exhibits professional demeanor and interpersonal skills. Maintains neutrality when resolving conflicting IT and business issues.
HealthNow New York Inc. - 16 months ago